Pushing in early phase with AA

• Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      So the situation. I am on the late position holding AA with 6 limpers. Maybe it is better move to push all in, because I just raised, got 3 callers one with K3 catched two pair and won me. Maybe it is better to go all in preflop on those micro limits?
  • 14 replies
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      What game are you talking about and what strategy
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I don't think it is better. 3 callers are a bit more than you'd like but it's not like you will always get 3 or more callers.
      Just make sure that you raise the right amount - with 6 limpers it is 3BB+1BB per limper so 9BB. That is pretty big part of anybody's stack even in the early phase so anybody who calls is usually making a mistake..
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      MTT but in those micro stakes they tend to call with any facecard.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Huseens
      MTT but in those micro stakes they tend to call with any facecard.
      that's awesome. just remember to raise a good amount It's funny to see people getting pissed because someone cracked their aces when they minraised over the limpers oop :D
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      It wasn't minraise. :D I raised 4BBs+1per limper and added some extra, they still called. :D
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      It wasn't minraise. :D I raised 4BBs+1per limper and added some extra, they still called. :D
      when I played 1,75$ 18-man SnGs on Stars, I raised to 333 or 444 chips with AA with 10-20 blinds (thats like 20-25% of the stack) .. You alwas find someone on those micros :f_biggrin:
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      nh then :)
    • pitslz
      pitslz
      Bronze
      push is OK, raise 50% stack but push is better
    • alberts1955
      alberts1955
      Bronze
      it depends on those callers, if they are loose or tight.
      and the stack sizes of those limpers vs your stack size.
      i myslef would prolly shove there if any of those players are loose
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      half in is a pretty glorious move
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      half in is pretty funny actually and I think you'll raise the suspicion of about half the table in lower buyin MTTs.
    • alberts1955
      alberts1955
      Bronze
      well push always seems weeker/weaker (don't know whats the right word), than a raise.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      It is important to separate two meanings of the word regret. You can regret the result of a hand because you lost, or you can regret how you played the hand because you see a better way to play it. That you have regrets the first way doesn't mean you should have regrets the second way.

Sometimes making huge overbet raises is the most profitable way to play AA. In fact, in a low stakes tournament, I think it might be a very profitable way to play AA UTG in the first level, and I often get called by worse. The hope, however, is to get action and to build a huge pot before people see that they have missed the flop, not to push people out.

Sometimes a player will call with T4o and will flop two pair. However, it may be soothing to remember that a disconnected offsuit hand will outflop an overpair about 3.5% of the time. If 3 players call with disconnected offsuit hands, then the chance at least one will outflop you is at most 3 times as much, about 10%. That means you can afford to pay off the times you get outflopped. You might worry about offering good implied odds to set-miners, since pocket pairs outflop AA more often, but most of the calls are not with pocket pairs, and the stacks are often too shallow to make set-mining profitable.

Don't forget AA outdraws a flopped two pair hand about 1/4 of the time. Also, someone who calls a large raise with K3 is not going to fold when he flops TPNK.
    • vladul11
      vladul11
      Global
      In the early stages of a micro, i would have shoved over the top. U are almost guaranteed to get a caller at these limits. If they outdraw u, bad luck. After all, u cant stop them from doing what they want with their chips. There are many players that consider 2 face cards to be the nuts preflop. Thats early phase though.