$0,40
      BB:
      $1,16
      MP3:
      $2,16
      CO:
      $1,61

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:club: , K:heart:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0,02, CO calls $0,02, BU folds, Hero calls $0,01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,08) J:heart: , 5:spade: , 9:club: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0,38 (All-In), 2 folds, CO calls $0,38.

Turn: ($0,84) 6:spade:
      River: ($0,84) 8:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $0,84

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of jacks (Jc Kh)
      CO shows a pair of jacks (Ah Jd)

CO wins with a pair of jacks (Ah Jd)

can anyone point me out where i went wrong here?
  • 4 replies
    • Bronscapade
      Bronscapade
      Bronze
      Hey,
      Firstly...dont shove if your stack size to pot ratio is greater than 1.5:1
      In this situation there are 8cents in the pot and you have 38cents left. If you had 12c or less then u could shove here but since u dont ur risking way too much for such a small pot. Lets look at which hands are going to call u here?

Players who limped overpairs..which is typical on this limit.

Sets will call you.
      2 Pairs will call you.
      AJ might call u.
      QJ might call you.

U beat one of these hands.

Secondly, once u have your betsize corrected be wary of playing aggresively from SB in an unraised pot. Only do this with a made hand.. KJ in this situation counts as a made hand, but if youre going to play it be able to throw this hand away if you get called and the turn card comes A or Q. You are 1st to act and thus always out of position.

Hope this helps
      Bron
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Bet pot-size on the flop, there is no need to push on such a small pot.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey HorstFeratuPQ,

as long as you play nl2, I would strongly recommend to stick to basic strategy which says to fold KJ preflop. Because hands like this can lead you into trouble.

When you complete such hands in freeplays versus many opponents it's best to aim for 2-pair or better, although according to standard it's fine to go broke in freeplays when you hit on the flop top pair with J kicker or better.

As played, on the flop you have a made hand, so you should start playing aggressively and bet potsize on the flop, 2/3 potsize on the turn and push all-in on the river. Or push if villain raises you at any time.

Pushing flop directly is overbet and should be avoided as it will usually get called only with better hands.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • HorstFeratuPQ
      HorstFeratuPQ
      Bronze
      thanks burek and bronscapade,

i just switched to sss after having no success with bss, hence the microlimit :)

i think i can work with what you guys said in the future :)