Party Poker $25 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 302283
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $7.48
      UTG: $24.63
      CO: $24.09
      BTN: $30.18
      Hero (SB): $24.75

Pre Flop: ($0.37) Hero is SB with A :heart: J :spade:
      UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1.25, UTG calls $1.25, BTN calls $1.25

Flop: ($6.00) 2 :diamond: 8 :heart: J :club: (4 players)
      Hero bets $4, BB folds, UTG folds, BTN calls $4

Turn: ($14.00) 7 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.75, Hero calls $3.75

River: ($21.50) 5 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

villain is 73/45/2.3 but only 11 hands

Its hard for me to play marginal hands oop. Should I just b/f turn? I would like to understand pot control concept when oop.

If he is an agresiv player then c/c is better as he can bluff raise me and I would have to fold and by cheking I can induce bluffs right? If he is passive then betting is better? but should I shvoe river when bet turn?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

That player seems a bit maniacal, he's probably a better candidate for a c/c turn line. Just to clarify tho, it's a choice we only make in the interest of taking the more +ev line, we're not pot controlling there at all, we have what has to be the nuts against that guy until proven otherwise.

When he bets small tho i think throwing him a bone might be better. Such players are usually prone to reacting to aggression by more aggression, and i wouldn't be surprised to see him shove a gutshot or something of that caliber if we do something weird. Since his smallish turn bet doesn't really feel me with confidence that he'll bet the river again, something like minraise turn / call a shove, shove the river if he only calls the turn, would be my fancy weird induce line for that spot.

Hope it helps.