Please prove me wrong

• Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Just did the math for Everest, and I hope I'm wrong. If I want to clear the $1000 bonus, I need to collect a total of 15,000 Everest Points. Their site says that on NL50FR they award me with 1 point for every $1,00 I rake. Source:
      http://www.everestpoker.com/en/about/policies/summit-points
      So I need to rake up $15,000 in 30 days to get $1,000? That's less than 7% RB, neglecting the fact that they cap the maximum of SP at 3 per hand...

As for the $300 bonus, I'll assume it's released at the same rate, only with a larger timespan to clear it. I really hope I'm misinformed or something, because I was going for the bigger bonus, but $15,000 rake in a month sounds like suicide. Especially for 7% effective RB...
  • 6 replies
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      It's not your rake.. But rake generated in a hand when u got cards.. So.. u are dealt trash, u fold, but 2 ppl decide to end up all in for 100USD .. then there's rake of 3USD .. 3 points for u eventhough u didnt generate any rake yourself..

I suppose it works like this.. ;)
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Yeah, if that's the case, its called MGR.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      In that case I'll call it utter sweetness. 10 people generating rake will get me the bonus 10x faster on average, so that's 70% effective rakeback. Everest, here I come!
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      Yeah, if that's the case, its called MGR.
      It's not...

MGR is '(total rake) / (number of players)' what doesn't apply if everyone gets 3 points from $3 rake. You're not affected by number of opponents at the table.
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berzerger
      In that case I'll call it utter sweetness. 10 people generating rake will get me the bonus 10x faster on average, so that's 70% effective rakeback. Everest, here I come!
      I do not know the exact numbers, but clearing bonuses at everest is a sweetness , I cleared 300$ at no time playing NL10 .. However, when the bonus is gone, the rake is huge and the rakeback from summit points sucks (I am at Camp II and it looks like somewhere around 13-14%)
    • PavelM11
      PavelM11
      Bronze
      OMG... so I can just sit at 10 most loose tables wait for premium hands and get points for every hand my opps played?