SSS NL10 Someone tell me whats wrong

• RaunoPoke
      RaunoPoke
      Bronze
      ok, i started this SSS nl10 with my 50$
      at first it was like, not bad, i bounced 45-55$ went down, then got up again like for 5 hours, i did all like the strategy told.
      then went for a lil brake, came back and now everything went bad, i make good all-ins and got bad beat, bad beat bad beat, and now im with only 35$ left
      what im doing wrong, or what should i do now

Playng in fulltilt 4 tables
  • 22 replies
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      you cant do anything against bad beats, just keep playing and hope to avoid them :)
    • RaunoPoke
      RaunoPoke
      Bronze
      but should i go 2c/5c or just stay at nl10?
    • RaunoPoke
      RaunoPoke
      Bronze
      30$ left only now, its like, when i get nice cards, like AA, or AK ,we before i got always beaten by some pocket 3s or whatever, and now i got other probleb, noone calls me when i got smth good,

im starting to get pissed -.-''
    • Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      The swings are realy big with SSS but make sure you are playing right and keep playing after the articles and hopefully you soon make profit.
      If you loose even more, you can ofc go down to a lower limit if full tilt offers that.
    • RaunoPoke
      RaunoPoke
      Bronze
      26$ left
      im doing ALL and Exactly like the strategy says, i even got the 5$ bonus and im still losed 25$+
      im pretty sure that this SSS aint work lol..

and with 25$ bankroll it seems pointless to try some other strategy
      or what u think guys

fixed limit mabye?
    • goudviske
      goudviske
      Bronze
      Well BR management suggests to move down to 2NL if you're down to 26$

Were the losses you made due to suckouts? (some opponent why you should have had beat but who hit the 1 card on the river that saved him)? If thats the case Poker is with ups and downs, these things are part of the game.

If you feel like some hands should have been played different, maybe reread the articles or take a look at the hand evaluation forums
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      I feel your pain. SSS is good in theory but they problem lies in the fact that many people playing at micro limits are simply gambling. No real respect for raises, shoving with 4s, playing A4o like a monster, could go on forever.

I personally could care less if I blow 2$, I spend more at Starbucks on a coffee. I feel like many people play this way. This is my guess as to why your preflop raise with AKs gets called by a donkey with 56o and when the flop comes 5-6-K rainbow, you think you are miles ahead only to find out how wrong you are.

I am doing my best to stick to strict strategy at these limits just to see if I can grow my bankroll using the stategy. So far it has grown but more due to RB and bonus clearing lol.
    • bordzter
      bordzter
      Bronze
      i sympathize with you as it happened to me many times over..

yet in the long term i have learned to adjust to the donks using the pt3 and elephant...

by this time i think you would have enough sample size to know the donks from the tags that you often encounter...

just stick to it and use a very small portion to play SNG or a tourney to give yourself a break in playing SSS... it works for me and gives me more clarity when i get back to ring SSS :D :D :D
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bordzter
      i sympathize with you as it happened to me many times over..

yet in the long term i have learned to adjust to the donks using the pt3 and elephant...

by this time i think you would have enough sample size to know the donks from the tags that you often encounter...

just stick to it and use a very small portion to play SNG or a tourney to give yourself a break in playing SSS... it works for me and gives me more clarity when i get back to ring SSS :D :D :D
      Playing at Cake myself so no programs allowed. I'd love to play tourneys as thats where I've always done well but the micro limits are all R&A so it makes it even more of a donkfest lol. Actually see people pushing preflop with 83o and rebuying constantly.
    • Jdz
      Jdz
      Bronze
      It's easy to win and it's easy to lose, keep at it and you'll be back up again.

:)
    • RaunoPoke
      RaunoPoke
      Bronze
      i cant keep at it..
      i got 17$ left only, if i keep playng sss im going broke....
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      You're loosing the hell of a lot and you keep playing in the same session, first of all, when things go bad, take a break.

Someone suggested moving down the limits, with 17$ left it's time you enjoy some NL2.

Relax and review your plays, are you following the starting hand chart? Looks like you're playing a bit too loose... 33$ in a day 4 tabling NL10 is a lot...
    • RaunoPoke
      RaunoPoke
      Bronze
      belive mei do, i do all Exactly like starting hand tolds,
      thing i do is sometimes i just limp when im out of position with lets say AJ,or Pocket Pairs 5 and higher.

had about 14$ or so left only

thought wtf, ill rush tables again:D took 6 tables at first, then got some extra money and opened another 3 tables:D
      and now i got 25$ again:D

i think that yesterday night play was just a streak of bad luck and thats all.. today it seems much better, and today more dumb opponents and much better hands too:D

(sorry about my poor english!)
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      SSS is swingy a lot =) Thats a fact.

And you can go busto at NL10 with ur 50$ starting capital, thats a fact as well ;)

But it is a winning strategy over a big sample of hands..
    • RaunoPoke
      RaunoPoke
      Bronze
      back to 20$ again.. :D
      i dunno whats happening,

and hej, i heard i dont get rakeback when i got this 50$ free for guiz, is this true?
      i like never got, or until the 100$ bonus time is over?
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RaunoPoke
      back to 20$ again.. :D
      i dunno whats happening,

and hej, i heard i dont get rakeback when i got this 50$ free for guiz, is this true?
      i like never got, or until the 100$ bonus time is over?
      I think u wont get it untill the 100$ bonus is cleared or timed out
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      you get it also when clearing the bonus. It comes usually once a week on friday (sometimes very late (GMT+2 timezone)).
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      u are sayin g u are doing Exactly and only what strategy tell u and then u say u ONY limp with AJ and pokcetpairs when u are OOP ..... o cmoon, u just cant do this in SSS
      u can complete from SB with pocket pair when there is many limpers but never do this in any toher situation ....
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RaunoPoke
      belive mei do, i do all Exactly like starting hand tolds,
      thing i do is sometimes i just limp when im out of position with lets say AJ,or Pocket Pairs 5 and higher.
      A limp costs a big stack 1% of his stack and it's a HUGE mistake. For short stackers a bad limp is 5 times as bad. A 500% bigger mistake!

If you play the strategy 100% perfectly you still have a 6-7% chance of going completely broke assuming you don't or can't move down. You are lowering that chance significantly by going against the strategy.

TLDR: Play the strategy or go broke.