Small pairs and suited connectors

• Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hi guys!
      I need a advice on how to play small pairs or suited connectors on SNG in middle phases?
      In early I would mostly throw them away when I am out of possition, but it really eat my nervs, when I am on the button and call with 33 or 67s and there is raise behind me.
      I mostly fold, but feel like a shit.
      You know that stupid feeling in a gut, couse you dont know should you call, or was it correct to pay blind for this hand?

Regards
  • 17 replies
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Noone?? :f_eek:
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I dont play SNGs but i just checked the handbook. U should check it to.

Middle phase of your SNG tournament is pretty tight so unless you are stealing blinds i think that small pairs and small suited connectors are easy fold.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Alan is right.

But you should never throw away pocketpairs in the early phase of SNG. You should limp/call(call15 rule) with them.
    • shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      If you want to play them, and are on button... you raise it yourself and not limp... if you get reraised... you can safely muck it.... otherwise... u in position with initiative...
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Thx for replys guys.

Alan883 : which handbook do you have?

Regards
    • fljama
      fljama
      Bronze
      As for pairs i would say it depends on what site you play, since i played pokerstars before with play money and got to limit of 20 milion chips i played alot of hads there and i can say in pokerstars you very rarely hit set on board.

But now im playing on Everest poker with real money and there is alot of more set hits....

so on pokerstars you just must hope if they have something like AK vs ur 33 thet they will not hit A or K while on everest you really can hit set often.

and about how you play, i would say fold siuted connectors on raise becose its small chance you will hit strait or flush, what you need is strong pair with nice kicker, 2 pairs or so...
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Try not to get emotional over one hand, this will only lead to tilt
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fljama
      As for pairs i would say it depends on what site you play, since i played pokerstars before with play money and got to limit of 20 milion chips i played alot of hads there and i can say in pokerstars you very rarely hit set on board.

But now im playing on Everest poker with real money and there is alot of more set hits....

so on pokerstars you just must hope if they have something like AK vs ur 33 thet they will not hit A or K while on everest you really can hit set often.

and about how you play, i would say fold siuted connectors on raise becose its small chance you will hit strait or flush, what you need is strong pair with nice kicker, 2 pairs or so...
      Pokerstars are rigged
    • shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze

You serious? One more post "rigged"?
    • fljama
      fljama
      Bronze
      i dident say its rigged or anything....

i just say diference beetwin pokerstars and everest,

on everest cards are much more natural,

on pokerstars you alwais must fold aces with lower kicker then J becose alwais someone else have Ace also...

and bad beats on everest are not even close to compair with pokerstars..

i collected 20 milion playmoney on pokerstars and sold it for 100 $ real money but i would not dare to play on pokerstars with real money becose its too tricky.... pokerstars is just not natural, i dont say its rigged : =)
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      fljama

Please refrain from saying such thing every again. I LOLed
    • fljama
      fljama
      Bronze
      Originally posted by michaelqian
      fljama

Please refrain from saying such thing every again. I LOLed
      Some strategy works on some poker sites while it wont work on other poker sites.. you obviously dont understand what im talking about.

Also pokerstars is well knowen for rewarding a donkey play so i wonder is thet why you defend it : D
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sinnology
      Thx for replys guys.

Alan883 : which handbook do you have?

Regards

http://resources.pokerstrategy.com/Strategy/en/ps_sng_basic_handout_en.pdf

thats it....ui think its great for the beggining
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Oh I have that one :)
      THx anyways.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      lol fljama they do xD . yesterday it was 3 of 45 left in a SNG both of us had around 15k in chips. i shove all in with top pair and a good kicker on flop. he calls with a 5-7 and there was a 9-6 on flop or something like that.

He calls witht he gutshotstraightdraw leaving him with less then 1 BB.. and hits the 8 on the turn >.>

I haven't played on many other poker sites but i do seem to get alot of bad beats :( So many that i started to doubt my late game play actualy. i kept finishing third by getting bad beats when i moved all in.

Moving to a higher buy-in now though so hope i get more lucky there.
    • hoffee
      hoffee
      Bronze
      i dident say its rigged or anything....

i just say diference beetwin pokerstars and everest,

on everest cards are much more natural,

on pokerstars you alwais must fold aces with lower kicker then J becose alwais someone else have Ace also...

and bad beats on everest are not even close to compair with pokerstars..

i collected 20 milion playmoney on pokerstars and sold it for 100 $ real money but i would not dare to play on pokerstars with real money becose its too tricky.... pokerstars is just not natural, i dont say its rigged : =)

How do you sell playmoney? who wants to buy it? Always been curious of that
    • fljama
      fljama
      Bronze
      Pokerstars is just heaven for donks, it alwais somehow manage to give best hand to idiot who raises with much less quality hand then you have..
      Thets why they play it thet way Hahaownedlolz becose they are used to it thet pokerstars will give them best hand at the showdown.

Also i read from one pro player about his strategys of online poker and he also says thet some strategys can work on 1 poker software while they will fail on another.

i recived my 50 $ before 10 days on Everest poker and im up to 600 $ now playing SnG games, i realize big diference beatwin pokerstars and Everest mechanisam.

And about a play money, just google : sell pokerstars play money, lots of sites thet do buisnis with play money chips.

if you reach the pokerstars limit of 20 milion i think its easy 100 $ change or more