This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Beating the micro's or PLO from micro's

• pontags
      pontags
      Bronze
      Hello,

I'm Victor. I'm from Latvia, and I'm 21. Currently I have moved to Germany, Bremen. I'm living there about 4 month's, learning German language, hopefully for studying in University in Germany. I really like that country.

Now about poker.

I've playing poker about 3 years. I have played on lot of poker sites, I have played lot of styles - SNG, MTT tournaments and Cash game in different levels. About half a year ago I layed down at Cash NL25 Holdem. Had really good results, and earned with my play for a living. By playing 4 tables, 5 hours a day, in 5 months I have cashed out 7200$, 1900$ of them this month. For me that's really good money. At the moment my bankroll is 100$ (about a week ago I deposited 75$ at PokerStars, but by playing pot limit omaha I grew them to 100$). And now my goal is to start playing PLO from micro's and to earn money from my play. I don't have big experience in PLO, but I have played it before, about a year ago and as I remember won about 100$ without any strategy and bankroll. Why I chosed to move to PLO? Because, I like this game much more than Hold'em, I think that by playing PLO after some time I will have chance to get more money, than by playing NL Hold'em. So, this is a start of a new poker career. I will try to play four 1h sessions per day and I will multitable and play 3-4 tables. After every four 1h sessions I will post here my results.

In conclusion:

Poker site - PokerStars
      Nickname - ZzevsS
      Bankroll - 100$

Goals:

Beat PLO Hi 0.01/0.02
      Read as much as possible PLO articles
  • 4 replies
    • SallaMC
      SallaMC
      Bronze
      Hi Victor,
      I quite like your idea. I made the same decision in August. I am playing mostly PLO25 now. I played 2K hands on PLO50 as well, but moved down again after a 10 stack down there.
      I can recommend for the beginning that you play 10k-20K hands FR, before you move to SH. The game will be swingy, but you should get used to it.
      One experience when reviewing my sessions is that 4 tables should be max, shorthanded I play 3 tables right now. I used to play 8 tables NL Hold'em without any trouble, so it's not like I am not used to multi tabling.
      Well, get some experience and you will be able to bet PLO 2 rather quick, even PLO10 should not be any trouble either. The videos and articles here are helpful.
      Best of luck!
    • pontags
      pontags
      Bronze
      I am playing FR because PLO SH seems little bit hard for me. Thanks for your advises and will see how things will be going.
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Yeah, good idea holding off on the SH-PLO 'till later. To do it correctly - unlike most who play it at the low stakes - requires a lot of theory and a big bankroll relative to the stakes u play to make the best of it. Good luck!
    • jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      Hello, Victor!

It's nice to see more players from Latvia here :) I will visit your blog with interest. Two days ago for first time in my life I played PLO and that game is so exciting! GL at tables!

Jenoc