EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Great stuff, keep it going.

Best regards,

Bart
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Very nice to hear you are doing fine, I wondered a couple of times where are you. Are you playing BSS now? How did you manage the transition?

Well don't forget to keep us informed and GL!
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      thanks guys.

i play SSS NL200 NL400 and NL600

as soon as i began play less tables and to focus on the tables and write tons of notes things really changed for me. and it is much more fun than multitabling because that you get better reads on the players and then can adapt your play more.

so i think thats what made the big difference for me
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Very nice sir, congratulations on your fat roll. How many hands did it take to build?
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      55k hands
    • RaunoPoke
      RaunoPoke
      Bronze
      well thats sweet
      ive played 15k hands and ive made 50$ to 54$
      +ive lost 50$ bonus also

well gl dude
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raun
      as soon as i began play less tables and to focus on the tables and write tons of notes things really changed for me. and it is much more fun than multitabling because that you get better reads on the players and then can adapt your play more.

nice to see someone else with a similar approach!

i found this approach works best for me also. I play 6 tables SSS NL100. with VPIP15 PFR12 and a really good overview of the players at the tables which helps me pick some very profitable spots. this translates to a 15bb/100 win rate since i returned to poker 2 weeks ago.
      I manage my bankroll like a nit. I target to win 2-3 buyins per day and stop play when i hit my quota regardless. its as important as anything else to quit a session when your ahead as i find there is usually a cycle. so i try to add around 50$ a day to my bankroll and increase it gradually. 50$ a day = 350$ a week = $1500 a month! which is healthy enuf for me :)
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      switched from breakeven 12 tabling player to a winning 4 tabling player on august 1st.

since then i have won 7200$. (cashed out 1200$). i have never won this much before! :D
      Nice one mate, I've done the same choice myself and is working out quite fine. Initially was pushed into multitabling heavily to unlock the bonuses, now I focus more on the play and is paying out :)
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ishindar

nice to see someone else with a similar approach!

i found this approach works best for me also. I play 6 tables SSS NL100. with VPIP15 PFR12 and a really good overview of the players at the tables which helps me pick some very profitable spots. this translates to a 15bb/100 win rate since i returned to poker 2 weeks ago.
      I manage my bankroll like a nit. I target to win 2-3 buyins per day and stop play when i hit my quota regardless. its as important as anything else to quit a session when your ahead as i find there is usually a cycle. so i try to add around 50$ a day to my bankroll and increase it gradually. 50$ a day = 350$ a week = $1500 a month! which is healthy enuf for me :)
      thats great mate! and its much more fun too right?
      how much do you usually play in a week then?

my target is 4k a month at the moment and i play 2 or 3 sessions a day of 1-2hours.
      i used to play longer sessions but then i loose concentration and throw my winnings away again.

i think your system of quitting only when you hit 2-3 buyins sounds bad to me. what if you get a really bad start and have to play for like 6 hours to catch up? then you risk loosing concentration and start loosing even more.
      imo its better to set a time limit.
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      I never really played the really tight SS basic style. i played way looser from the start but thats because im older and experienced in systems analysis so i couldnt help myself exploiting my small stack and experimenting :D

it is, as you point out, much more fun too. I do use stats in detail and usually use a combination of stats to make good decisions.

i play at the moment 9k hands a month as im trying this new system of quitting 2-3 stacks up. i play just one session a day and i quit immediately when i have 2-3 stacks as this equates to approx 50$ a day or 1500$ a month which is all i need from poker. for the time spent which is usually 30mins a day approx. 1500$ a month is a good profit (100$ an hour). im finding this controlled game a lot more stable than grinding and a lot less invasive on my family etc.

i also quit if i go down 3 stacks. my focus at the start of a session needs to be really strong and my decisions percise so i dont have to quit while im down. so far im making my quota 9/10 times and im hoping i can maintain that.

u seem to have a nice balance to your game well done :)