strategy points

• marvinas
      marvinas
      Bronze
      Hi,

This thought hit me, correct if I'm wrong.

So, strategy points (sp) are given for rake paid. We pay rake only when we win a hand (except preflop). So, sp are only given to winners, and if one plays and loses a lot, he loses his br and gets no points?

This leads to another conclusion - all these diamond, platinum and goldmembers :) are not only playing a lot, but also winning a lot. Nice :)
  • 6 replies
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Depends how the rake is calculated, I play SnGs so the rake is paid up front whether I win or lose. However, I doubt there would be many gold or higher members that are losing players. :D
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      you also rake when u lose :f_biggrin:
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by marvinas
      Hi,

This thought hit me, correct if I'm wrong.

So, strategy points (sp) are given for rake paid. We pay rake only when we win a hand (except preflop). So, sp are only given to winners, and if one plays and loses a lot, he loses his br and gets no points?

This leads to another conclusion - all these diamond, platinum and goldmembers :) are not only playing a lot, but also winning a lot. Nice :)
      Wrong, me thinks................but I could be wrong.....

If you contribute to the pot you get SP's win or loose
    • Meiffert
      Meiffert
      Bronze
      No, I believe there are 2 ways the 'paid rake' is calculated.
      I believe some poker sites divide the 'rake' between all the players who contributed in the pot (they put some money in the hand).
      The other method is to divide it between all the players who were dealt cards in the given hand (I play at Pokerstars and they use this method).

If only that was true. :(
      :D
    • marvinas
      marvinas
      Bronze
      2 Meiffert:

Yes I know there are those 2 methods for rake calculations. AFAIK poker rooms divide rake among all players who were dealt in in the hand, this way you get their points (titan points, ft points etc). Still I think pokerstrategy only gives psp for personal rake paid, i.e. you get no points if you fold and someone goes allin.

All this idea is not a big discovery or anything, I just thought how to become black member ASAP and what I should do :) Play more good poker might be universal answer :)
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think it depends on the poker room which rake system you gain strategy points on. Some do it by dividing rake at the table etc and some do it by your personal rake.

And i would say in general platinum and diamonds are winning players. There will be exceptions of course :) I think Moderators are winning players as well :s_love:

Good luck and best regards,

-Jack