Quiz of the Week: Blind Defense with Dominated Hands

• awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Hello fellow PokerStrategists!

Blind defense is one of the aspects of poker which become increasingly important as you move up the limits - how do you defend your blinds with hands that could be dominated?

As you move up through the limits, play increasingly becomes more aggressive. One consequence of this aggression is that players will attempt to steal your blinds frequently.

If you always just give up your medium hands, this will quickly turn into an unprofitable situation for you and the opposition will push you around whenever you find yourself in the blinds. The positional disadvantage you're facing against a blind steal doesn't really help, either.

In the direct blind battle, the ranges turn even more broad, while you have the positional advantage yourself. In both situations, it's crucial to know when it's time to make a stand - and how to do so.

Can you take good care of your blinds?

For the previous No Limit edition of our weekly quiz, check out the following link:

• 4 replies
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      You have achieved a total 27 of 28 possible points. This corresponds to 96 %!

Nice one =) Keep them coming!! =)
    • Strodyn
      Strodyn
      Bronze
      Is there please a list of all the quizzes? I think they are excellent learning tool and would like to do others also.

Thanks
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Strodyn
      Is there please a list of all the quizzes? I think they are excellent learning tool and would like to do others also.

Thanks
      Afaik, they are working on a way to have a quiz overview just like the current strategy overview - or something similar. No ETA and no guarantees, though, but I think you can expect something like that to appear some time in the future.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      You have achieved a total 26 of 28 possible points. This corresponds to 93 %!

I feel spots like these really depend on a lot of things like reads image and so on though... I definately disagree with one thing though, question 3 with the 30/13 fish guy I deeeeefinately 3bet. I mean, come on, he has ATS 25% and you think such a fish only calls with AQ/AK? No way :P