which book next ?

• frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      hi there
      until now i´ve read "winning low limit hold´em", "internet texas hold´em", "small stakes hold´em", "weighing the odds", "how good is you limit hold´em" and a couple of no limit books.
      now i´ve ordered 3 more books: "theory of poker", "hold´em poker for advanced players" and "improve your poker".
      which one should i read next ? right now i´m playing fl 1/2 sh and sometimes 2/4 and i want to move up now.
      so what do you think is the best choice and why ?

thx
  • 9 replies
    • Anakha
      Anakha
      Bronze
      Hold'em for advanced players is on of the sklansky books right?
      Personally I found that one a tad simple, not bad by any account, by account of most books pretty damn good, but a lot of it's idea's seemed inherent in the PS articles and thus pretty familiar.

Theory of Poker was one of my favorites, strong look at the fundamental elements and a great companion to the PS material.

Haven't read Improve your Poker so I can't say anything about that one.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I have read only one book: secrets of online poker or smt like that on FL, that wasn´t very good book. In my opinion most books are from NL and FL it´s hard to find some good book. Pokerstrategy have helped me more, than probably all the books together, here I could post hands and got feedback, what I´m doing wrong. Don´t know if books should give me advise what I don´t know already: starting hands, valuebets, calls, raises and check-raising but they possible cant do no harm, so hopefully you could find some good books which could improve your game.
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      Small Stakes Hold'em by david sklansky would be a good one for u Kaitz20. Will definatly improve your game.

If u wont mind frzl im gonna ask the same question to u guys.

Wenn i started playing i read How to win Low-Limit hold'em by Lee Jones.

I have also read small stakes hold'em multiple times and im still re-reading it. Ace on the River by barrie greenstein is also a nice one but its not a book like SSHE etc.

Now i just started playing SH at 0.5/1 and i think its time for a new book. Its just fun to read and u learn some stuff to! So im asking myself what book i should buy now. I have heard that Weighting the Odds is a nice one? Even includes some SH topics? Can someone confirm this? Im looking for a nice Limit-hold'em book with some SH topics included!
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      weighing the odds is one of my favourite books and i think now its the best time for you to read it :)
      but don´t expect too much from the sh chapters. of course it will help you but imo the ev-analysis in semi bluff- and raising for free card- situations are the centrepiece of the book.
      all in all a must read imo :)
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      small stakes holdem is a limit book , or a nl ? and wich book can you recomend for small limit nl . if you read one
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      yes ssh is a limit book.
      i think there is no doubt that the best ("beginner") book for nl cashgame is harrington on hold´em vol. 1
    • Anakha
      Anakha
      Bronze
      I recently readt Phil Gordon's little green book and I've found it to be both an interesting read and very accessible though you do have to filter a few idea's which are more applicable to tougher tables.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      For NL I strongly recommend Phil Gordon´s little green book. Furthermore I recommend "No Limit Hold´em - Theory and Practice" written by Sklansky and Miller.
      Harrington on Hold´em I and II is written for tournament players but can be useful for cashgame players as well
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Puschkin81
      Harrington on Hold´em I and II is written for tournament players but can be useful for cashgame players as well
      yes they are written for tournaments but hoh 1 assumes that there are full tables, the stacks are much bigger than the blinds and the payout zone is far far away... just like in cashgames. so it should be very very useful :)