The poker star(Ozzi show)

• fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      hello,
      there si a new Australlian poker reality show calle The Poker Star created and hosted by Joe Hachem
      it was quite interesting so u can watch it

(not sure if I can post link here cause there are some adds of another affiliate so ...)
  • 16 replies
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      Thanks for the info. It looks like there will be another episode on tonight (Wed 8.30pm)?
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      well, not sure about that but I am checking that site it was uploaded reulary for new videos from WSOP, PAD etc. so I can post here when new episode would be uploaded/aired
    • Jdz
      Jdz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MikeyH
      Thanks for the info. It looks like there will be another episode on tonight (Wed 8.30pm)?
      It's next Wednesday, I believe.

Opinions are divided on the show because it's more catering to the wider audience (rather than just the Poker audience). I think it's a pretty good show (so far) but will wait and see what the second episode brings.
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      next episoed is on
      u can watch it on thepokerstar.com.au
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fakedurrr
      next episoed is on
      u can watch it on thepokerstar.com.au
      That only works for Australian residents, I'm sure it can be found in other places though
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      I am not australian and I watched it there cause on another site it got lagged in one part so I couldnt watched it through mozila, all u have to do is to load it two times :)
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      I'm pretty sure it's created by Poker Stars since they are the ones who own the show. I really hope that Joe is only along for the ride because so far the editing and script makes him come off as a huge douche.

It's a really good reality show so far, but the relationship to poker is pretty thin. I guess Poker Stars is just using it as a way to advertise in Australia.
    • ImAnAcehole9
      ImAnAcehole9
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jdz

I think it's a pretty good show (so far) but will wait and see what the second episode brings.
      Haha funniest post ever!
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Episode 4 is due this week is anyone else still watching?

I swear that the only reason that haven't eliminated Shane is because he's so good for the camera and drama. :f_cool:
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      Shane wont last.

However its hard to eliminate him, when the other players are making some of the worst decisions ever.

I liked the bluffing challenge they had on last weeks episode. Interviewed for a job you have no idea about by an ex FBI agent. Good reward for the winner.
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      Shane wont last.

However its hard to eliminate him, when the other players are making some of the worst decisions ever.

I liked the bluffing challenge they had on last weeks episode. Interviewed for a job you have no idea about by an ex FBI agent. Good reward for the winner.
      Whew, watched first episode last night and got 2 and 3 overnight. Not a huge spoiler just reading your post but I think I will stay away from this thread until I have watched 2 and 3.

First thoughts, 1st show was decent and probably a better show than 2M2MM but didn't hook me quite the same. Will have to see how the next 2 are.
    • ImAnAcehole9
      ImAnAcehole9
      Bronze
      Are we watching the same show here? The show sucks balls lol.

The show about reading people was funny (the interview) but the reward (for the ultimatly losing token woman) was to sit with an ex cop.......(the pain, I would rather finger my poo) and listen to crap about raising eyebrows and how they answered questions etc. What about posture, confidence and deciet. Great if at a poker table you could ask hypothetical questions like he did but where was the transition from the reward of tells etc to be applied to poker. If anything Shane as much as I dislike him pushed back at the ex cop and gave very little or useless information to him with a serving of contempt. To me I find that more of an attribute of a good poker player, maybe he needs to learn a bit of self control but the ex cop (suprise suprise) deemed Shane to be the worst. Worst at lying about experience for a job with a magazine!!!! Great nice......I thought this show was about poker for fcks sake!!

The winner will be a guy because Hachem's wife is a jealous type and wont want Joe travelling around Europe playing tourneys/tutoring etc. That guy will be Shane and that is the reason Shane is around. Shane is going to win, I think he's a tool with an attitude problem but the show is going to be about transforming a player and becoming Hachem's prodogy. Hachem doesn't want a 40 year old prodogy because he is set in his way/habits.

Joe stated in one of the shows that "he does not want a pro player" or words to that effect. He wants a player he can coach/mentor and say "see how good I am, I transformed this donkey with an attitude problem into a winning player". Then we can all look out for the Smokin' Joe Hachem Holdem School..........Aaaargh the pain!!
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      LOL, just finished ep4. All the stuff Acehole said is kinda funny, wonder if that's true about Hachems wife. Don't really no anything about him but it was funny talking about composure on the episode, think it was EP20 of the WS this year that Joe starts freaking on the dealer..."You just had to put an Ace out there didn't you!" Great composure Joe.

Can't remember his name but the grey haired guy who has won 2 tourneys, great to see him fail today. Oh wow, he's a great player when he's on a heater but can't do crap when he doesn't get cards, wait I know this feeling...oh yes, sticking to strict basic SSS lol.

Ya that cop episode, felt like I was watching criminal minds. If I was a loser in that challenge, welcome to fake tell world, you know the winner would be thinking about your actions nonstop...hmm, I flopped the nuts...furrow my brow.

Overall I find the show entertaining, poker wise it is somewhat lacking but not too much better on tv with anything poker.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      It's a good show i like it =)

In regards to an eairlyer post somone said its got nothing to do about poker? Thats aload of crap....Pokers a game of people not cards!!
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fakedurrr
      hello,
      there si a new Australlian poker reality show calle The Poker Star created and hosted by Joe Hachem
      it was quite interesting so u can watch it

(not sure if I can post link here cause there are some adds of another affiliate so ...)
      Personally I was ROFL and LMAO all the way trought the episodes .. Come on .. Talking trash to other people to get "reads" for a future poker game, swimming to prove you can "focus", have a job interview so you can "bluff" ?? PURE TRASH :D

I think none of the guys there have a clue of what is poker about and this show has nothing to do with poker .. Stupid tasks to make it interesting for the wide public which say wooow poker is sooo complex and NO poker playing except one winner takes all sit-and-go beginning with like 50BB ?? Ok, play like 1000 of those SnGs online trough the show and than show the best, that would be OK, but who would watch it ?

The show is just pure crap pokerwise, but I still like watching it :)
    • ImAnAcehole9
      ImAnAcehole9
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      It's a good show i like it =)

In regards to an eairlyer post somone said its got nothing to do about poker? Thats aload of crap....Pokers a game of people not cards!!
      Hey I like it.........I raise you 1 South African, an Indian and 12 soapdogers (Poms)!

Would that be considered a string bet?........anyhow

So in that case you don't play your cards then? No need to look? play a tourney blind (don't look at your hole card) I'm tipping no, so drop the cliche response....pokers about people not cards....hehe, I'm sorry poker is playing cards, ever heard pro's being referred to as people players? I have heard them referred to as card players but thats just me.