This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

How not to feel like a clubbed baby seal....

• fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      No idea.....

Long story short....took the PS 50$ bonus some time ago and started working my way up....then the summer came, didn't play poker for quite a while cause i preffered RL fore some unknown reasons :D and my bonus offer expired.

All that was left was somewhere around 15$ if i recall correctly. I said, Hey! I still have some left! That's cool, let's go play some poker. Started playing some SSS cash tables, some SNG's, started reading articles available here, some books i have on my computer...anyway, was a really fun couple of weeks.

I managed not to lose it all at the start, and relatively easy worked my way up to about 150$. And then...the horror began.....losing practicaly 90% of coinflips, getting higher pocket pairs cracked by lower pocket pairs or 2 low connectors, one time in a SNG i even had AA/KK/QQ 4 times in a row on the BB and had everyone fold to me 4 times in a row.... :(

All in all.....it's just a lot of bad beats, bad luck, bad players going wild and hitting those one outers hand after hand after hand....

The result is pretty much obvious...I'm on a downswing for quite a while and it doesn't seem like changing directions. My bankroll is down to 20$, my poker related self-esteem is non existent anymore...took some breaks, came back afterwards just to find out I'm still getting bitch-slapped around the table the same way I actually got used to :D

No idea why I'm writing this actually, maybe I'm hoping that sharing this with you guys will help me cool down, maybe I hope it will change my luck a bit....maybe I hope I'll just find a good enough reason to quit playing poker.

It's not like I'm here trying to earn a living playing poker....(not that it would be a bad thing :D )...but still, all this is just taking away all the fun part of it...

There, just my 2 cents.....probably all I'll have left in a couple od days anyway :D
  • 2 replies