wtf!?!

• 8 replies
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Cmon man I am sure its not that bad... it never is:)
      Take few days off the comupter, to calm down, go practice that taekwondo of yours or get drunk and pickup girls in LJ.
      After than you will be just fine :)

Best Regards
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I know a really good charity.....something along the lines of help Lennonac improve his life
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Try to relax and assess the situation rationally, just for a few seconds, after that you can go back to being mad as hell for as long as you wish. Now, you lost some money... ok, a lot of money, and that sucks bawlz for any poker player. But the money you lost aren't going to magically return to you. Your bankroll isn't what you had minus the amount you lost. It's what you have right now, and the only thing you can do to earn it back is by starting to play correctly again.

If you feel regret of losses, anger towards anyone/anything or depression, you're not going to stomp any money out of your opponents. For now, just do something that makes you feel happy until you stop caring about your losses, it has always worked for me. If that means getting drunk or beating the living hell out of somebody who looks at you shifty, then by all means go and do that. I'd personally recommend marijuana, instant de-tilt.
    • Wizard101
      Wizard101
      Bronze
      Berzerger knows the score....marijuana...the online poker players weapon against tilt
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I am recently trying a new aproach: I am making my best to actually CELEBRATE every single bad beat i get because they keep fish alive. Variance allows them to play poker. It allows them to feel like they are lucky even though on the long term they lose. And that's why such a thing as making a living out of playing poker exists (not that i am). So let's be all happy we can make money, what do you say?!
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      have you tried taking a break from your current poker variant/format and temporarily switching to a slightly different one (something that is interesting/fun/experimental/relaxing) and playing at a lower level for a couple of weeks?

like i just tried 16-tabling NL50 FR for a week(after 6-tabling SH capped NL), and it was great fun/relaxation, and success was almost guaranteed.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      us dippy's have to stay around, dont do it! :f_mad:

But yes taking a break from what you play atm and having some fun on another form of poker sounds like a good idea. Maybe not PLO cus that has more swings lol :D

Im sure if you have a break, come back and try grinding it out again then things can soon perk up. You must be a good player and in the long run good players will get rewarded :)

Good luck and best regards,

-Jack
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berzerger
      For now, just do something that makes you feel happy until you stop caring about your losses, it has always worked for me. If that means getting drunk or beating the living hell out of somebody who looks at you shifty, then by all means go and do that. I'd personally recommend marijuana, instant de-tilt.
      Funny, I'm stoned and drunk right now :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D