Bart - Live & Uncut 2010

• EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze

Hi guys/girls,

I'm in the middle of thinking up a new challenge for myself, anyone remember the "Where Eagles Dare (Steps to WSOP)"?
      Well that's still kind of alive as still holding a Step 9 ticket (just 2 to go!), but until I can get to play that or think up a new challenge, I've decided to polish up on my tournament play.

I'm more of a SnG player really, and do like to play the odd tournament but usually tend to end up donking out at the end, so this is hopefully good discipline for me.

Any/all comments, advice, suggestions, help etc etc warmly welcomed and encouraged.

At this point I want to give a big shout out to those mtt players that I personally greatly admire which include (but not limited to):
      alejandrosh, cannell555, hlynkinn, justkyle, 1seednoir1, sidewalker, sirilidion, yoghi.
      Respect guys, hats off to you.

Bankroll exceeds $2k, mainly built up from Sng's, but for this purpose I'm starting with just a straight forward notional $150... enough to have a stab at the $1 tourneys with a conservative 150BI BRM.
      I expect to go busto long before moving up, but just in case, I worked out a level system:

Tournaments...BuyIn..... BRM
      Level 1...... Freerolls...... $0
      Level 2......... <$1.......... $100
      Level 3........ $1........... $150
      Level 4......... $2............ $300
      Level 5......... $3............ $450
      Level 6......... $5............ $750
      Level 7......... $10.......... $1,500
      Level 8......... $20.......... $3,000
      Level 9......... $30.......... $4,500
      Level 10....... $50.......... $7,500

I will therefore start off by playing level 3 with the occasional level 1 & 2 thrown in for good measure.

Goals/Aims
      will update shortly

Will post the results from the first couple of days shortly, just trying to work out the best way of showing them.

Best regards,

Bart
  • 6 replies
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      if you br exceed 2K why waste your time playing 1buck mtts
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fun101rockets
      if you br exceed 2K why waste your time playing 1buck mtts
      Hi fun, thanks for posting.

This is just a bit of mtt practice my friend, I'm not looking to win much, but equally I don't want to lose too much. My BR is for further progress in sngs and/or whatever I decide for future.

It's not always about the money folks :P

Best regards,

Bart
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      its not only about the money (although the money is gr8 :s_biggrin: ) but do u get any sort of thrill/rush out of playing 1buck tournies?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fun101rockets
      its not only about the money (although the money is gr8 :s_biggrin: ) but do u get any sort of thrill/rush out of playing 1buck tournies?
      I enjoy playing freerolls mate, whats wrong with that? Poker is poker.

Bart
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      I will keep an eye on this blog.

I, also, am tempted to learn and play MTTs. This evening I even played a 20FPP turbo freeroll and cashed-out 40 cents in 300 something place (Last hand; hero: 99, villain: TJ; AI pf, the board came: AKxAK, he won with kicker)

Cheers and Good Luck Bart!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Thanks Gabinr1, we'll see how it goes and how much time I actually get to play :P

Ok, couldn't think of any other way to show the results the way I wanted to, so picture follows:

I'm going to track what top % i finish each tournament in, as most proper tournaments cash around top 10%/15%, so thats the kind of consistent figure I'm looking for... obviously the deeper a finish as possible, goes without saying.

Not a great deal of luck so far, but a couple of good (run deep) performances.

I'm sticking to all Freezeout tourneys and preferably regular clocks which I treat as being 10 min+ levels. I consider 5 to 9 min levels as "Speed" and 2 to 4 min as "Turbo" but I know these differ from platform to platform.

Haven't had time to analyse any hands yet, but will do. I don't use any HU or Software at all, instead rely on buildng my own reading skills but I have downloaded a universal replayer thingy so I can revist my hands and find bad moves/leaks etc.

Ok enough for now, bedtime, cya later.

Bart