[NL20-NL50] 65s 3bet squeeze/steal - live game

• babybooh
      A hand that made me disgusted with myself last night....

We play often and mostly the same people. The game was 7 handed. People are either calling stations or .... well not tagfish but just fish, except one player that's rather loose-aggressive and plays rather decent. So...

MP1 (not that position matters in those games) raises to 1E, LAG calls and its folded to me. I've been card dead for like hour and a half, I look at 6c5c and decided to squeeze, so I make it 3E. MP1 calls and LAG folds.

Flop : 4c3cTd

And there it is the flop I've been dreaming for... I make it another 4E to go, MP1 thinks for a while and calls. Now, at this point I put him on JJ+ and maybe AK,AT. Usually they have a pretty wide range but they don't like calling more than 2E with that crappy hands plus he called a reraise preflop, imo things add up to a decent hand like stated above.

Turn : 3h

The pot now stands at 16E or so... I'm sitting behind another 9E. I was going broke with this hand anyway so I put my remaining 9E in... MP1 goes "...phew that's a lot and insta-calls" (fuckin monkey) turns a set of TT for his full house and I miss the straight flush (SHOCKING)

My questions is should I play it passive? I can't find a fold here, never. Was it just me being card dead for so long flopping such a monster draw.... Are we going broke here?
  • 2 replies
    • TheBrood
      Rule No.1 in live games: Never bluff fish/stations (Low FE)

- Squeezing there is bluffing and the most you will usually get on the flop is a draw.
      - Betting your draw is semibluffing. Play it passive vs fish since you have very low FE, they will call when u hit anyway. Let them slowplay their AA and lose their stack when you hit.
      - Shove turn is semibluffing even if its a correct move based on odds. You have 0 FE here.
    • Kaitz20
      unless he has set, you´re favorite against all other hands so your play is fine on the flop and turn
      I wouldn´t really 3-bet pf, since they often call and you find yourself oop with marginal hand
      Call pf is better