[NL2-NL10] NL 25 SSS problems with AK

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi

Firstly I wanted to discuss about the AK. To me it´s not very profitable hand so far, it gets beaten by jacks, queens, kings and aces. No-one pushes any more AQ, AJ and they only call with TT-22. Of course there´s exceptions:)

So if I want to earn money in the long run I´ve have to figure it out, if I should call or fold pushes with my AK. TT-JJ it would be quite auto fold, unless I´ve only half my stack left, but let me give you some example:
      1)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      BU:
      $49,41
      UTG+2:
      $9,05
      MP1:
      $5,20
      Hero:
      $4,45
      UTG+1:
      $8,90
      MP3:
      $26,35
      BB:
      $25,35
      SB:
      $24,95
      MP2:
      $31,55

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , K:spade:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,75, 2 folds, BB raises to $5,00, Hero raises to $4,45 (All-In).

Flop: ($9,55) Q:heart: , T:diamond: , 5:spade:
      Turn: ($9,55) 4:heart:
      River: ($9,55) T:club:

Final Pot: $9,55

I always steal 3x BB on late positsion, so I don´t loose so much money. Here BB pushes and I think that I should fold, but I autocalled. I´m behind every pair and hardly any solid player push with nothing less (I´m still playing on the NL 25 limit:D )

But standard situation is next: I raise 4xBB my AK with UTG or MP and late position player (generally big stack) puts me all-in. I mostly have 4$ left and pot is generally 5,10$ or 5,25$ so do I call or fold. If there has been the limper, then pot would be bigger and I would have 3,75 left, then it would be again autocall, but here I´m not so sure. Could someone make some calculations:) , when BB would push AK, AA, KK, QQ and sometimes maybe JJ (lag type of persons why like to play a lot of pots).

2)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      SB:
      $28,70
      UTG:
      $35,10
      CO:
      $27,10
      Hero:
      $5
      MP2:
      $30,16
      UTG+2:
      $12,60
      BU:
      $6,50
      MP3:
      $8,68
      MP1:
      $24,75
      BB:
      $12

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A:spade: , K:diamond:
      UTG raises to $1,00, 3 folds, MP2 calls $1,00, 4 folds, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,10) 8:club: , 8:diamond: , K:spade: (3 players)
      BB bets $1,25, UTG calls $1,25, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($5,60) 5:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets $2, BB folds.

Final Pot: $7,60

Good fold?
      Calling seems senseless, because 2/3 time I don´t hit anything. And again not so sure, if I should re-raise to 3$. Then I would only have 2$ and I would be pot commited (easy all-in pre-flop, or after the flop). I could hope that UTG raise with AK-AQ, AA-TT. Then AK have some +equity, I guess, Am I right?

3)
      MP1:
      $70,55
      Hero:
      $5,75
      UTG:
      $4,85
      CO:
      $25,10
      SB:
      $26,40
      MP3:
      $7,95
      UTG+1:
      $25,40
      UTG+2:
      $4
      BU:
      $3,90
      BB:
      $5,65

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , K:spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, 3 folds, SB calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2,25) A:diamond: , 6:club: , J:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2,25) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero raises to $2,75, SB folds.

Final Pot: $6,00

Is it alright to trap the player a little. I don´t know if he should call with weaker ace if I would bet like 1$. I could pretend that I have KK, then I would probably bet 1,5$ and would fold to the re-raise, but I don´t know how much he would call and if he really has ace. Very hard to find good valuebet here.
  • 2 replies
    • mchaggis
      mchaggis
      Bronze
      2 is defo a reraise (unless you know that UTG only raises with premium hands)
      There are so many hands he could raise with and are worse than AK
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      So if I want to earn money in the long run I´ve have to figure it out, if I should call or fold pushes with my AK.

I feel that AK is always a better hand to play when YOU are the aggressor.

1)Depends very much on image and the character of the BB. If BB is putting you on a steal here, then you are OK to call. If BB has small (22-QQ) PP then your call is very close to neutral EV.

2)I don't know NL25 so I can't say. Get yourself PAHUD and you'll often know when it is OK to fold AK to an opening raise and no callers.

3)On that flop I'd bet 1/2 pot. As played, your story is that you have missed the flop and are possibly scared of the A. To be consistent you have to flat call the turn.