SnG Wizard quiz 2 question (pics inside)

• 5 replies
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FWKanobi
      out of 114 hands my score is 93%
      these 2 hands I didnt understand why I need to push while I folded.
      Hi there,

My opinions :

The 1st one (92s) -> Just pure pot odds, you need to 1158 to play for like 3200 , and the button is of course pushing very wide

The 2nd one (Q7s) -> I would overpush as the big blind will not call so you have to put 1500 to play for 3200 + 1500 of your chips and you are massive leader
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Those 2 are pretty much the same hand. With the 1200 in the pot you get odds 2,7:1 and 3,1:1 and you do not bust if you lose. Even if you know they have you dominated you only need odds of 2:1 to make the call so you are winning chips and money by calling here no matter what they have. Plus you could easily even be ahead in the second hand..
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LuborC
      Those 2 are pretty much the same hand. With the 1200 in the pot you get odds 2,7:1 and 3,1:1 and you do not bust if you lose. Even if you know they have you dominated you only need odds of 2:1 to make the call so you are winning chips and money by calling here no matter what they have. Plus you could easily even be ahead in the second hand..
      I guess this is one of my leaks.
      How can I work on it / fix it ?

Can you please explain the odds if I'm being dominated or against ATC as 2:1 ?
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      It's pretty simple really. In holdem when you are dominated with say AJ against AQ, or with QJ agaist KJ or such you still have around 30% chance of winning the hand. You can learn more important equities (like two cards against an overpair or against higher two cards, a pair against a higher pair or how the equity changes when the cards are suited or connected) using the PS equilator.
      So, when you've got 30% chance of winning and you have to pay less than 30% of the potsize to see the showdown then you are gaining chips. It's like in the odds and outs article but here you are looking at a preflop all in so you don't know which cards actually help you, you only know that there should be enough of them.

In the second hand it's even clearer. First of all you are getting veeeeeeery good odds. In this case you would be making a +EV call even if you knew that your opponent has AA. Plus your opponent should be pushing very wide here because if he doesn't push he will be all in the next hand anyway (will get too good odds to fold anything). So he should definitely push any above average hand so at least 50% of his hands and Q7s is even ahead of a lot of those hands..
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LuborC
      It's pretty simple really. In holdem when you are dominated with say AJ against AQ, or with QJ agaist KJ or such you still have around 30% chance of winning the hand. You can learn more important equities (like two cards against an overpair or against higher two cards, a pair against a higher pair or how the equity changes when the cards are suited or connected) using the PS equilator.
      So, when you've got 30% chance of winning and you have to pay less than 30% of the potsize to see the showdown then you are gaining chips. It's like in the odds and outs article but here you are looking at a preflop all in so you don't know which cards actually help you, you only know that there should be enough of them.

In the second hand it's even clearer. First of all you are getting veeeeeeery good odds. In this case you would be making a +EV call even if you knew that your opponent has AA. Plus your opponent should be pushing very wide here because if he doesn't push he will be all in the next hand anyway (will get too good odds to fold anything). So he should definitely push any above average hand so at least 50% of his hands and Q7s is even ahead of a lot of those hands..
      Thank you very much :f_love: