Motivation

• shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      OK at the start I used to love winning even just one $4 stack! But now I am just so bored at NL25 and am playing shorthanded games lol. I have a very good winrate usually about a stack every 400 hands since there is so many fish. This equates to $25 an hour but I'm not satisfied and so keep playing but then get bored and obvs start doing stupid stuff but I always switch off as soon as I do, usually after an hour = 400 hands.

I have the bankroll to move up, but it would still be scared money so I have no current plans to move up. I need to fix this leak anyway.

Perhaps the reason is because I havn't bought anything yet with my $1k+ winnings... so I now feel no urge to play. Its like the videogame you bought a few months back and have beaten it and is boring but you don't want to try the legendary level lol.

I think I need to buy something cool
  • 12 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      You need to grab the bull by the horns and go up.

If you lose a couple of stacks at the new limit its ok because:
      a.You will stop being scared, and b.You will force yourself to find out why you lost, hence you will learn.

When you start winning at the new limit you will love the large profit and wonder why the hell you didn't go up sooner. The higher the limit, the more moniez you win, its like giving yourself a raise at a job. Also its more exciting, just play tight at the beginning until you get some reads.

Read the last posts of my blog for more info on playing scared =)
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Brood THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE SUGGESTION.

I have now entered NL50 SH and actually CARE about each hand I win lol.

However the step up from NL25 to NL50 is not as big as NL10 to NL25 but:

1. Players are more aggressive, though still plenty of fish.
      2. Much more volatile, never seen so much money fly around so fast!
      3. Not playing scared, but made a few bad moves trying to outbluff people :( moral of story: when people 2nd barrel in this level they more often than not have the goods. This is not NL25 where you can call people down with Ace high lol.
      4. Expect my bankroll to fly!

Oh and I ran a cleaning software on my comp lately but it deleted all my hand histories from last few weeks so my graph looks shit lol so annoying.

Oh and never thought I'd see myself with $100 at one table. MAD! only 2 months ago, I was shitting myself with $2 playing NL10 SSS LMAO
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      yeah it it pretty sick having a double stack (100$) on 1 table
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      HaHa....see my signature atm. I agree with you guys just sitting & playing for hours to win $2 .....well who gives a toss? You drink a beer that cost $4 in 15 minutes!Winning isn't the thing, its making money that has some meaning.

Get out on the edge and live a little..............

(now expecting abuse from fellow pokerstrategists about poor BRM) :D
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43
      HaHa....see my signature atm. I agree with you guys just sitting & playing for hours to win $2 .....well who gives a toss? You drink a beer that cost $4 in 15 minutes!Winning isn't the thing, its making money that has some meaning.

huh? i'm missing you point... lol

anywayyyyyy

I confess I should have realised it was time to move up, I had this exact feeling a month ago at NL10! How did I not realise! Oh yer because I told myself i'd never play with excessive amounts.... but the truth is one must always strive for improvement; hence I broke my rule and will now play until my progressing skill is saturated (hopefully never).

I still can't get over how sick it is sitting with so much lol
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shortfuse
      Originally posted by andyb43

I confess I should have realised it was time to move up,
      That was my point..........if your getting bored , move it on up...GL
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Oh sorry! THANKS MAN YOU TOO! I see what you meant about the BRM part now lol
    • RaunoPoke
      RaunoPoke
      Bronze
      ive played 10k hands with my 50$ starting capital
      took 4 days, playng in nl10 sss, ive got 45$ of 50$ bonus
      and i got 52$ now and bored as hell, does it means i need to go higher stakes?:D :D

j/k
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RaunoPoke
      ive played 10k hands with my 50$ starting capital
      took 4 days, playng in nl10 sss, ive got 45$ of 50$ bonus
      and i got 52$ now and bored as hell, does it means i need to go higher stakes?:D :D

j/k
      Or try some BSS..that will get you going.....

The thing is how important is the $50 (or the $2 you won) to you? 4 days to make make $2...that is slave labour! ALthough i do understand that loosing the $50 could be traumatic if you are bouncing along on the bones of your arse :D
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Just cashed out all my roll.

I can't picture myself opening up poker anymore. I just don't know why, it is just not thrilling anymore even with the amount of money made...

I'll take a break for a while and learn rather than play. I haven't been doing much learning lately.
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Hey buddy,

why dont u try new type of poker, like PLOmaha,or 5 card draw, or play this 8 games, mixed...its always fun..maybe thats what ur missin, cause when u play gd poker, the fun is out, and its like an automatic thing..i'm dead bored at 10$ HU deep stack...i can play like 5 tables HU and still bored...but its alot better than working for someone else ! :D :s_cool:
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aceonetheriver
      Hey buddy,

why dont u try new type of poker, like PLOmaha,or 5 card draw, or play this 8 games, mixed...its always fun..maybe thats what ur missin, cause when u play gd poker, the fun is out, and its like an automatic thing..i'm dead bored at 10$ HU deep stack...i can play like 5 tables HU and still bored...but its alot better than working for someone else ! :D :s_cool:
      hi thanks for the suggestion. when I was on partypoker I used to play the $1 PLO 9man Sng to have some fun. I was mostly breakeven, perhaps bit of profit. It's a swingy game with minimal edges so that's why I prefer sticking to texas holdem.

No worries im back to playing poker, now on fulltilt to clear their first deposit. I moved back down to NL25 since $600 is not big enough BR, I didn't want to deposit more. :)