No more procrastination aka (a place for me to spam)

• KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      About me as people do wonder these things... I am a 20 year old student living in BC, Canada. I have been doing a lot of soul searching as of lately and one thing that I have noticed is that a lack of desire in my lifestyle. Since I can remember I have been always looking for the easy way out. I really have a desire to learn to be a "good/winning" poker player.
      I have had focus problems with poker in the past I seem to hit a patch of bad luck and then I give up on a type of game and play something else which I know is wrong which is why I have decided to start logging my goals and progress here to visually see my goals and such. Another factor is that I have a lot of spare time and I plan to put this fully 110% into studying NLSH.

So I will be starting my "Quest" with about $1000 which is enough for me to start grinding NL25 6max...

Goals:
      • I will only be using Pokerstrategy material in order to improve my game
      • Grind hard (I plan to put in a lot of volume minimum 30k hands/month)
      • do not let variance stop me from playing my "A game"
      • continue to learn more advance concepts of SH through videos, articles, coachings, and Hand Posting
      • see how successful I am after putting in massive volume in a short time

I recently got a lot more serious into poker this September when I really started to feel the effects of variance and how large swings can be either up or down, also I had two promotions to clear as well which also helped.

I had a massive upswing when I started playing daily in September on NL25 which let me take my first shorts at Nl50 pretty quickly, but I was greeted with the oh so familiar face of variance, the first hand pretty much summed up how bad i was running, I open up 64s UTG, get minraised by MP, I make the call, flop comes Qc4c6s, I am thinking great I got 2pair, I check raise and he pushes I insta call he turns over KsKc, turn comes 5c, river comes the 7c. First hand and already down 100bb. Over that weekend I got in about 6-7k hands in like 2 days and I was running a horrible $EV-201, so I moved back down and here is were I will begin keeping track.

VPIP/PFR/3bet/WTS/W$@S/AF
      over 20k NL25 hands Im playing 17/13/5.5/30/56/2
  • 38 replies
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      I am really starting to think about maybe moving to NL100 SSS, because the strategy is alot easier to implement on alot of tables also my edge increases alot as my preflop skills are great and my post flop skills are not so great which is my weakness in BSS. Rakeback and the ammount of volume I will be able to put in is really making me think.

Though I havn't played any poker in the last few days hopefully tomarrow though this thought about switching from BSSnl25 to SSSnl100 may force me to skip another day or 2.
    • Bronscapade
      Bronscapade
      Bronze
      Which limits have u succesfully beaten with SSS in the past?

Like your blog name. GO BIG OR GO HOME. Not nessarily the smartest thing you can do but entertaining all the same. :f_love:
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      I used SSS to build my roll at the micro/low limits, I beat up to NL50 SSS, than I had a large enough roll to play BSSFR which is what I did and I havn't looked back. the last SSS i played was in the summer on Party because I moved most of my BR I had some points & about $100 and I decided to buy the $50 insta-cash but it was mainly NL25sss...

I played a NL25SH session today before breakfast about 300 hands and I was up 120BBs so woo, really helps since the downswing kinda took my confidence.

I think ill continue to play SH, and try to improve my game rather than try to move back to SSS.

Also thanks for posting Bronscapade I didn't know if anyone would actually read this :f_biggrin:
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KidPokersKid
      Also thanks for posting Bronscapade I didn't know if anyone would actually read this :f_biggrin:
      Reading and interested cause i know some things about procrastination and can really "feel" how you feel ;)

Should get more agressive kido!! Have to stop that red line and money will start rolling into your account!!!

Ex: From hand 14000 to 18000...
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Those last 4k hands are when I moved up to NL50, and I just was running bad and I was also playing bad I think I was playing too passive, too much call/fold stuff it works on NL25 but as the players get more aggressive the less effective it is.
      I'll play a small session later on today, thanks to some bonuses my BR is about $1180, so not too far from taking my second try in moving up. I'll have to force myself to play a lot between now and next week. I want to get in a private coaching as well soon if I can hold my own at NL50 it would be the perfect time, since its only going to cost a stack or a half stack.
    • Bronscapade
      Bronscapade
      Bronze
      Currently Playing SSS on NL25 myself, do well when lady luck isn't cursing my name ;)

Will start taking shots at NL50 sometime in this coming month.

I always played BSS before i came to Pokerstrategy.com but i decided to completely rebuild my game so im playing the SSS. Really useful for building up a BR to play BSS with :f_love:
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Just had a horrible session about 1500 hands and down about 4-5 stacks, just running so bad and one or two spots where I spewed chips. I am really getting disappointed with my play and I may really have to move to SSS as I am losing a lot of money because I have leaks post flop. These last few weeks have been so frustrating because I am running so hot and then next think I know I am running as cold as Pluto.

well heres something that put a smile on my face hope it does to you as well...(the blue thing is a link) This baby's laugh made me smile
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Don't worry about losing sessions, they'll occur throughout your poker career. At some point you'll swing that much in a single session without even noticing. SH is rich with variance anyway. Now leaks are a bigger problem. Make sure you're spending enough time studying the game and plugging them, because you always have more leaks than you think. When you spew chips, that's not running bad, it's playing bad, and is a form of tilt.

Don't know where you're playing, but players on your limit should be easily exploitable. Seek out the fish and rob them of their puny belongings. During the process, never stop telling yourself how incredibly awesome you are, it helps. Good luck at the tables.
    • Bronscapade
      Bronscapade
      Bronze
      When variance hits you studying is even more important, if extra studying can turn those slight losing sessions into breakeven and those breakeven ones into a small profit.

Its ofc worth it! :)
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      MY biggest leak is my One Pair hands, I am over playing them, also when I have AK and i hit like TPTK I have problems laying it down.

Here's a list for my self:

Change from passive Blind defense to aggressive
      Loosening Raising range
      Playing my hands for an appropriate pot size
      VALUE BETTING

i'll add to the list if I can spot some more. I am off to try and get a large number of hands in today.
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      also when I have AK and i hit like TPTK I have problems laying it down.
      And why should u??
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Originally posted by VirtuaGod
      also when I have AK and i hit like TPTK I have problems laying it down.
      And why should u??

Getting it in for 100BB on some A79 or AQT flop, im usually behind or if I play bet flop, check call turn, check call river they almost always have me beat.

AFter about 2300 hands im up about $12.50 :f_mad: , took some strange beats that made me laugh. Hopefully this week I can get in about 1k hands a day..

My short term goals are to do some more HH review, watch at least 2 videos, try to absorb the knowledge of 1 article, get my brain into grind mode in order to be able to play my A game over 3-4 hour sessions and prepare for a private coaching hopefully some time next weekend.
    • Bronscapade
      Bronscapade
      Bronze
      You can only laydown AK on a straight/flush board/paired board and ofc only sometimes.

If you going to lay down AK after hitting your A/K then you should just muck the hand preflop ^^
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bronscapade
      If you going to lay down AK after hitting your A/K then you should just muck the hand preflop ^^
      ... and you don't see the misstep in logic with this? You can't just go broke on a dry flop with TPTK, only people who pay your bills do that.
    • Bronscapade
      Bronscapade
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berzerger
      Originally posted by Bronscapade
      ... and you don't see the misstep in logic with this? You can't just go broke on a dry flop with TPTK, only people who pay your bills do that.
      Yes sometimes you should fold post flop sure... but. You cant just fold to any1 or the whole time. Is what i was getting at.

Random players shouldnt be able to get you off good hands just by throwing money at you.
    • Essian
      Essian
      Bronze
      You should know that the graph you posted actually shows you were running

above EV i.e. winning more than you are suppose to. So really you are running

pretty good, like about $30 above EV. =)
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Originally posted by Essian
      You should know that the graph you posted actually shows you were running

above EV i.e. winning more than you are suppose to. So really you are running

pretty good, like about $30 above EV. =)
      yea but see how the gap has been getting closer and closer... I was running so great then at the peak of the graph is when I took a shot at NL50 and after that the lines are getting closer and closer :f_cry:

got in another 700 hands before class, up like 40BBs

I think I am starting to realize that the way I was winning at the start of my graph was just an anomaly and realistically I cant expect to have all my sessions always going up, though at this limit we can get pretty close :f_biggrin:
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Got in about 2k hands and was up just less than a stack so all in all a good day. With my new laptop it makes it alot easier to 6table because of no overlap, this seems to better suit me as I don't get bored and raise weaker hands
      One thing I am lacking is posting hands/doing more review of my hands. I really need to change my schedule maybe something like 3 days a week studying/reviewing and the other 4 grinding and jjust putting in like 1-3k hands on days with "more bad players" eg thu,fri,sat,sun and mon,tues,wed for theory.
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      So another day goes by and I didn't feel like playing today I don't know why :f_mad: only got in about 500 hands thought there were some nice tables. A fish decided to donate his deep stack to me. this guy was playing anytwo like the nuts all in...

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20.59)
      BB ($66.02)
      Hero ($49.40)
      UTG+1 ($50.25)
      CO ($25)
      BTN ($47.15)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: Q:club:

Hero raises to $0.85, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.75, BB raises to $1.45, Hero raises to $4.75, fold, BB calls $3.30

FLOP ($10.35) 5:club: 2:spade: 9:club:
      BB bets $0.25, Hero raises to $10.50, BB calls $10.25

TURN ($31.35) 5:club: 2:spade: 9:club: 9:heart:
      BB bets $50.77 (AI), Hero calls $34.15 (AI)
      RIVER ($99.65) 5:club: 2:spade: 9:club: 9:heart: 8:diamond:

BB shows K:heart: 2:diamond:
      Hero wins $96.65

I am really starting to get used to playing 6 tables also I have been improving my game, right now I am trying to stop playing so passive it is costing me alot of money. I feel like I am playing too tight but the players at this limit are so loose and bad that I think it is not such a bad thing though I think this will have to change before I move up a limit.

One other thing, I still am running way above EV should I not be surpriesed if my winnings start to head toward this line even though I havn't changed my style?