How long till it ends???

• 10 replies
    • inf4my
      inf4my
      Bronze
      That's pretty disgusting. Are you clearing a bonus by any chance?
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      18BI in 7,5 k hands is bad but it's not unheard of. People have experienced break even periods for like 70k hands so hang in there, buddy. You will eventually get over it.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Keep on playing as long as you play your usual game. And try to analyse your performance as rarely as possible: don't think "oh, today i won/lost x BI" think more like "this month i had a profit/loss of..." I'm in a 25BI hole playing SnG's, but overall for september i'm up 70$ which is like 35BI. I feel like i would bang my head against a wall but if you look at it it's not a horrible performance...
    • Bronscapade
      Bronscapade
      Bronze
      This is unfortunately the reality of sss and reasonably small winrates. You should have been up something like 1.71BB / 100 hands. To decrease the effect of varience it ofcourse helps to improve your expected win rate.

Although 1.71 BB / 100 is basicly what i expect a sss player to earn more or less.

Try work on your game a little and play less hands. Its possible you have a leak that could boost your expected winnings if corrected - then varience will have a hard time trying to kick your ass :)
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Can you post your Standard Deviation?

*Under General/Player Summary click the wrench. Then scroll down and find Standard Deviation BB/100. Double click it. Click Apply. Then click Refresh in the top right-hand corner.

Also, Beta 29.1 is out. :D

I quit SS after 10k hands, but at $50 NL and $100 NL my SD was only 20. If yours is significantly higher than you are probably pushing edges that are incorrect. Since you have a HUD you should be able to avoid players who are only going to "steal" your money.

(Now that I play full stack I use my SS knowledge to really punish short stackers. You really want to avoid those who understand your raise and re-raise range.)

Also you might consider using HoldemLuck. It will give you a slightly more accurate picture for certain situations.
    • markpomc
      markpomc
      Bronze
      Hi!

Still running like dog cr@p after playing another 9k hands...over 26 buyins under EV. My Std Deviation BB /100 is 23.45. Not sure what the number actually means, though. Thanks guys...I am gonna keep grinding...
    • markpomc
      markpomc
      Bronze
      the horror shows continues...

https://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5909/72041236.th.jpg
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by markpomc
      Still running like dog cr@p after playing another 9k hands...over 26 buyins under EV. My Std Deviation BB /100 is 23.45. Not sure what the number actually means, though. Thanks guys...I am gonna keep grinding...
      Ultimately it means you are insanely unlucky ... if it was bigger it could mean you gamble too much or whatever.
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Are you able to access the bronze articles as a basic member? It's important to play the short-stack strategy correctly and I'm concerned that you are not doing this since you might not be able to access the bronze articles and higher. Short-stack strategy appears in some books (don't know which ones but they're out there) if there's no way for you to become a full member.

It sucks getting hit like you have been but your expected EV line is break-even at best. This could be variance as well but it could also be because your game needs some improvement.
    • lenka12345
      lenka12345
      Bronze
      This might never stop