scam?

  • 14 replies
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.09.2007 Posts: 680
      Rake
    • girj
      girj
      Basic
      Joined: 01.10.2009 Posts: 6
      rake?...
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Joined: 20.02.2008 Posts: 6,356
      Hello girj,

      You can read more about our business model here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/businessmodel/

      I can assure you this is not a scam and all the details can be found in the above link :)

      Best regards
      SoyCD
    • girj
      girj
      Basic
      Joined: 01.10.2009 Posts: 6
      This seems far too good to be true, like for example why haven't I heard of you ("poker-strategy") before, and why wouldn't you be more advertised on poker sites, magazines, shows etc, to the general poker population. This seems far to good to be free?
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.09.2007 Posts: 680
      http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pokerstrategy.com+scam
    • girj
      girj
      Basic
      Joined: 01.10.2009 Posts: 6
      I am 100% unconvinced that this is all legitimate
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Joined: 20.02.2008 Posts: 6,356
      Originally posted by girj
      This seems far too good to be true, like for example why haven't I heard of you ("poker-strategy") before, and why wouldn't you be more advertised on poker sites, magazines, shows etc, to the general poker population. This seems far to good to be free?
      Hello girj,

      Simply look around the site. You can find our players playing in large events such as the WSOP europe: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/WSOPE-Main-Event-Recap-Day-3_24721 and our advertisements in various large magazines such as Bluff Magazine Europe.

      In general we don't concentrate on large advertisement since many of our members came to us over our Tell-a-friend program and word of mouth - and have long concentrated on the European market.

      The best way to assure yourself of our offer is probably to simply look around the forums and to read some threads. You can also pop on over to the German section which is a bit larger: http://de.pokerstrategy.com/forum/

      Best regards
      SoyCD
    • girj
      girj
      Basic
      Joined: 01.10.2009 Posts: 6
      I am really unconvinced, like I said, just far too good to be true.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Joined: 20.02.2008 Posts: 6,356
      Well girj,

      In that case I'm happy to hear that we have a good sounding offer.

      Nothing is keeping you from sticking around as long as you want in order to convince yourself. I'm sure you will do that sooner or later.

      Until then have fun and check out our blog section: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1435

      Lots of stories from users :)

      Best regards
      SoyCD
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.09.2007 Posts: 680
      SoyCD, where you learned to be THAT patient? :D
    • girj
      girj
      Basic
      Joined: 01.10.2009 Posts: 6
      Is my understanding wrong of how this works...

      I have already finished the quiz... SO now I choose which site I want to play at.... I have to send you some form of ID? But... I pay extra rake? Of the extra rake that I would usually pay if i deposited my own money, you take a portion? So I end up playing for you guys?

      Do you then have any control over my account, or am I free to withdraw my money when ever I like once you have credited it?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Joined: 20.02.2008 Posts: 6,356
      Originally posted by girj
      Is my understanding wrong of how this works...

      I have already finished the quiz... SO now I choose which site I want to play at.... I have to send you some form of ID? But... I pay extra rake? Of the extra rake that I would usually pay if i deposited my own money, you take a portion? So I end up playing for you guys?

      Do you then have any control over my account, or am I free to withdraw my money when ever I like once you have credited it?
      Hi girj,

      You chose a poker site at which you do not yet have an account.

      If you get an ID check (this doesn't always happen) you send in your ID and our support then sends the money to your account.

      You do not pay extra rake - but the same amount you would usually pay
      You also don't get less bonuses / rakeback etc - we always give our members the best deals possible on the market
      We don't take any money of money you deposit.

      We earn money because we get a part of the rake that you would pay anyway.

      We also don't have any access to your account or anything of the like. The only withdrawal restriction is on the initial 50$ you receive. That means you can't immediately cash out the $50 once you receive them - but need to play a certain amount with it (this only makes sense since otherwise everyone could just get $50 and cash them out without even playing any poker)

      If you decide to deposit own money at a later point however you can cash that out whenever..

      Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Metahand
      Metahand
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.09.2009 Posts: 87
      It's not a fake, just got my $50 :)
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.07.2008 Posts: 903
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Well girj,

      In that case I'm happy to hear that we have a good sounding offer.

      Nothing is keeping you from sticking around as long as you want in order to convince yourself. I'm sure you will do that sooner or later.

      Until then have fun and check out our blog section: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1435

      Lots of stories from users :)

      Best regards
      SoyCD
      Soy..............they can't be paying you enough to put up with this............ :D