Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $50.00
      Hero:
      $73.26

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , J:spade:
      CO raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds.

Flop: ($3.75) 6:spade: , 6:heart: , J:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $2.67, Hero raises to $8.68, CO raises to $18.18, [I][COLOR=grey]Hero ???

Pre-flop- Call in position, he's very agg so avoiding 3-bet/fold
      Flop - raise donk conti-bet, to see where I'm at (cheaper than calling later bets)
      he 3-bets 2% of the time, I really feel I'm up against QQ+ (6 is not in his range and no draws on board), OR he's pulling a move,
      Not worth to get stacked on top pair J or am I leaving a lot of money on the table?
  • 3 replies
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      I would have called his flop bet since we are in position and by raising we only make worse hands fold. Also when reraising, he could be making a move like you say and now the pot has become very expensive to call with only AJ. But, his ORL is 37 and many aggresive players would still have a close stats to this even on CO so suited connected such as 67 could be played by him.

So most of the time you will be behind now that we have seen the reraise on the flop so you really have to fold.
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Your reason for raising the flop was for information. What information are you looking for? He's already bet p/f, and cbet flop - either he's got air or something worth something - maybe a PP as you suspect. When you raise - what can he do?

If he folds = no information but you get the smallish pot
      If he calls = no more information it could still be TT, or AA for all we know.
      If he raises = wrong kind of information, we have to fold.

There's no need to protect here and not many weaker hands will call your raise. To get value from TT or bluffs, calling and reevaulating the turn is best I think.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      since you really reping that small part of made hands, like 6x or overpair then villain could also 3-bet with worse hands and also call shove, so I think once you raise on the flop you should shove over his 3-bet
      other option would just call and likely call him down