[NL2-NL10] NL10 AK with A on turn

• goudviske
      goudviske
      Bronze
      Link: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/141365

Vil stats: 19 VPIP / 7 PFR with 42 fold to flop conti bet

I guess I should have made a contibet first, but I figured because I had position, and his fold to contibet wat under 50 id just check behind here and see the turn. Then if had hit the turn play bet/fold.

So then I did hit the turn, he c/c ed it, and then out of the blue theres an all in push, afterwards Im thinking because I didnt make a contibet etc I didnt have that much $ in the pot, Should have folded it, certainly after a double up a few hands earlier.

Thoughts ?
  • 3 replies
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I think you should take a look at his agression factor here, if he's very passive and then suddenly fires a bet like that it can mean trouble. If he's very agressive then a call can be the right play.

I must admit it is really hard to walk away from top pair top kicker here, but it probably is the right play.
    • Bronscapade
      Bronscapade
      Bronze
      The 3 :diamond: was a good card for you in the sense, it made it possible to lay down your hand. With the completed flush draw.

I always have trouble playing vs people that completely overbet the river. Some players do it as complete bluffs and sometimes its the nuts. Really annoying.

In this pot you still have a big stack : pot ratio. I would fold this on this board unless i think the villian is so bad that he will do this with hands i beat.

Good job leaving out the c bet. Possible flush draw no high cards. You can only represent a over pair here.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey goudviske,

AF is usually helpful in similar spots if you have enough hands on villain.

I also like check behind on the flop, because you will hardly get a better hand than yours to fold on this flop and villain can c/r as well, so your c-bet money would go to waste.

On the turn things get more interesting when you hit your TPTK, so raise is only way to go as you need to protect on such a board.

On the river, I would fold with almost double potsized stack left as such river pushes are usually signs of monsters from my experience on lower limits, but calling is as well no mistake since you have TPTK which is a made hand even with double stack and sometimes you'll see villains doing this as a bluff.

Regards,
      burek2000