my own table or $100 bonus

• 18 replies
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fun101rockets
      Tough choice...
      why would you want your own table ?
      and how come its tough choice ? do they cost the same ?
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      The medal price for $100 is so bad I'd go for own table :P It's what I intend to do too anyway (I think) :f_grin:
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      The medal price for $100 is so bad I'd go for own table :P It's what I intend to do too anyway (I think) :f_grin:
      Please explain , what does your own table gives you ? :-)
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Just... there's always a table up with a name you give it and you have a reserved seat. :P

This is on full tilt btw
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Just... there's always a table up with a name you give it and you have a reserved seat. :P

This is on full tilt btw
      can I name it FTP is rigged ? :-)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze

This is on full tilt btw
      I would normally say bonus every time ftw, but Table "Fongie" would be kind of cool for coaching sessions :D

Bart
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      i have decided to get the table 100bucks is one coinflip. what name would u guyes recommend?
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      How about "Super Jackpot table"?
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      What is this on Ironman? Isn't the private table like 1 million points? You can get one for 600 medals?
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Just call it "Fun Rockets" or something else to do with your nick on FT :P
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Call it "Beginners only" :f_biggrin:
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      Click this link to view the "Your own table" prize

Click here for information about the ironman promotion

XXX [Edited by EagleStar88] - Affiliate links.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi wowadvisor,

Sorry the 3rd link you provided isnt allowed due to the affiliate links, however I appreciate you were only providing to help other members which we all really appreciate you doing, so I've copied out the text from the link for you.

Hope you understand,

Best regards,

Bart

What is Full Tilt Iron Man promotion and its value?

Once you attain the Iron Man status, you get a choice of either playing in that month's Iron Man freeroll with $10,000 to $30,000 added money, or taking 25-100 Iron Man medals instead that you can spend in a special Iron Man store to buy bonuses, tournament tokens, more Full Tilt Points, promotional stuff like shirts, and even your own table with a seat always reserved to you.

The size of Iron Man freeroll or amount of Iron Man medals earned depends on what status you reach within that month: Bronze, Silver, Gold, or... Iron!
      Iron Man freerolls have better value than medals

One Iron Man medal is worth 11¢ to 18¢ to a player who has a Full Tilt rakeback deal, depending on how the medals are spent. The best value from Iron Man promotion is however gained by playing the monthly Iron Man freerolls instead of taking medals.

How Iron Man promotion affects rakeback

The question on every +EV concious rakeback poker player's mind is how to get the most value out of the Iron Man promotion. And more specifically, how Ironman affects rakeback?

The benefits of Iron Man are handled just like any other promotion, meaning that bonuses and freeroll added money are deducted against your Gross Rake in Full Tilt rakeback calculations. But we can calculate the best combined Full Tilt Iron Man rakeback value.

Iron Man bonus and rakeback

Full Tilt Iron Man BonusIf you use Iron Man medals to buy a bonus, this works the same way as regular deposit bonus and counts as a deduction to your Gross Rake before rakeback is calculated. Also the Iron Man mid year bonus works like any other bonus.

Example:

* Your Gross Rake is $300
      * You clear a $100 bonus bought with Iron Man medals
      * Your rakeback is ($300 - $100) * 27% = $54

Its costs 600 medals to buy the $100 Iron Man bonus. So based on the above example, after the Iron Man bonus rakeback deduction you ended up with $27 less rakeback but cleared the $100 bonus. Your net profit from spending 600 medals in that bonus was therefore $100 - $27 = $73, which amounts to $0.121667 value per Iron Man medal.

There are three different Iron Man bonuses to buy, and you get more bonus by spending more medals. Following this same reasoning, the value of medals when spending them to buy Iron Man bonuses and when you have a Full Tilt rakeback deal are presented in the following table.
      Added value of medals spent in Iron Man bonuses

Iron Man Bonus Cost in medals Added value of one medal
      $100 600 $0.121667
      $300 1600 $0.136875
      $600 3000 $0.146
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      get a table with your name and everyone knows you play a lot, see how much action you get then..

keep it on the down low imo and go for bonus
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      it is also a pride thing.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      i dont think it is a big deal
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Another problem... what stakes would you get your table on? If it's your current stakes, what will happen when you move up? :P Do you just leave it behind?
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      get a table with your name and everyone knows you play a lot, see how much action you get then..

keep it on the down low imo and go for bonus
      Yeah, like "AceKingNL", the only guy who has a private table on nl50 sh so far. I avoid him like the plague :p

Edit: What do you do when you move up limits? Is it possible to update the stakes for your table or are you screwed?