SnG BRM - 100BI question

• FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Hi ,
      My BR currently is 190$ (after winning MTT and Take 2 promotion) .
      My question is this , Do I need to play now 2$ SnG untill ill have net profit of 300 dollar and then move to 5$ BI... ?1
      Won't it take... like... ages ?! :f_eek:
  • 13 replies
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      When u are starting out as a poker player the one of the top 3 most important things is BRM. The other two are discipline and patience. It might take u one month it might take u three, hell if ur really unlucky or refuse to do everything u can to improve ur game it could take a year+! Try not to be so results oriented and really work on building up ur game. There's also these positives u can take into considerations:

-the mistakes u will make will cost u less on the 2$lvl than on the 5$ lvl
      -~100BI is far less stressful if u start on a downswing compared to ~40BI meaning u'll feel less pressure which should help u avoid tilting
      -it looks to me like u are playing on full tilt so that means u have decent rake back as well meaning it won't really take u as long as it would elsewhere
      -there are way more fish on the 2$ lvl than on the 5$lvl and poker is easier to learn in a soft field of players

I'm sure I've left a few things out but I really advise u to look at poker as more of a long-term project and try not to be too results oriented. Result is just a consequence of how u played a SnG. If u play the vast majority of them good the money will come.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I wouldn't go up unless I were dominating the current limit, or if I were tilting and playing bad due to boredom. Sometimes adding more tables helps cure boredom too.

I once tried to rush to the next limit and found myself going backwards because I wasn't really beating the current limit. So I posted more hands and read more articles...
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Atoks
      When u are starting out as a poker player the one of the top 3 most important things is BRM. The other two are discipline and patience. It might take u one month it might take u three, hell if ur really unlucky or refuse to do everything u can to improve ur game it could take a year+! Try not to be so results oriented and really work on building up ur game. There's also these positives u can take into considerations:

-the mistakes u will make will cost u less on the 2$lvl than on the 5$ lvl
      -~100BI is far less stressful if u start on a downswing compared to ~40BI meaning u'll feel less pressure which should help u avoid tilting
      -it looks to me like u are playing on full tilt so that means u have decent rake back as well meaning it won't really take u as long as it would elsewhere
      -there are way more fish on the 2$ lvl than on the 5$lvl and poker is easier to learn in a soft field of players

I'm sure I've left a few things out but I really advise u to look at poker as more of a long-term project and try not to be too results oriented. Result is just a consequence of how u played a SnG. If u play the vast majority of them good the money will come.
      Thank you very much.
      I will keep that in mind.

About rakeback , as discussed in the past , each 8 games will earn me back 0.5$ rakeback , thats not decent at all :f_biggrin:

playing SSS made me 25$ a week (at NL10) but the problem is that after 16K hands I was losing and not earning ... lol...
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Unless you run insanely hot, it should take you at least 600 additional sngs to earn $300 more playing the $2s. This is assuming a $0.50 earning per tourney. This is with a high ROI of 25%. You could multitable them, but you probably should expect an ROI of around 15%, which is pretty good.

Depending on how much time you have for poker it could take a while, but I agree that patience and discipline are extremely important now. I've had a couple of friends that have busted their entire BR by not having the patience to stick to a sound BRM.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AquamanBT
      Unless you run insanely hot, it should take you at least 600 additional sngs to earn $300 more playing the $2s. This is assuming a $0.50 earning per tourney. This is with a high ROI of 25%. You could multitable them, but you probably should expect an ROI of around 15%, which is pretty good.

Depending on how much time you have for poker it could take a while, but I agree that patience and discipline are extremely important now. I've had a couple of friends that have busted their entire BR by not having the patience to stick to a sound BRM.
      during the week i have around 2 hours a day for poker (not much). weekends I have more time.

I decided to try and MTT 9 SnG tables (Used to SSS so i thought it won't be so difficult)
      I've finished 2x1st place , 1x2nd place , 2x3rd place which gave me 3.5BI (and also got rakeback from PS which now puts me on 220$ :f_biggrin: )

The annoying thing is that on 2 tournys I busted while I was better.
      Lost with AQ to AT
      Lost with TT to 99

And in other 2 Tournys I was dominated twice on the push of fold.
      Lost with AT to AQ (SB to BB) when I hit the T on the flop and runner runner came str8
      Lost with AJs (UTG) to AQo (UTG+1)

Although the 4 losses came first , I kept my A game and managed to profit from this session. I think 9 tables are the maximum I can handle. Its not easy :f_mad:
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      stick to 100BI and multi-table as much as you can. it took me about 5 weeks to beat the $2 limit on FTP. I have a lot of information about that level in my blog. feel free to read it if you want. (useful stats etc)

good luck
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      stick to 100BI and multi-table as much as you can. it took me about 5 weeks to beat the $2 limit on FTP. I have a lot of information about that level in my blog. feel free to read it if you want. (useful stats etc)

good luck
      I'm reading most of the SnG blogs including yours :-)
    • fljama
      fljama
      Bronze
      with 300 $ bankroll i would move on 10 $ sngs long time ago....
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fljama
      I don't believe you will get to 300$ with that kind of BRM ?(
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by fljama
      Seriously!

I regulary have 10-20 buyin down swings and I mean in a row, playing with 27 buyins you are asking to be taken out of the game
    • fljama
      fljama
      Bronze
      i started with 50 $ double up or nothing 15 $ sng, since i hit 100 $ i started 10 $ SnG and im on 600 $ now.. now i play 20 $ sngs

seriously 15 tourneys without a cash is insane...

i go mad my self if i have 4 fails in a row without cash.

15 without cash is really crazy, you should find out what mistakes you make and correct them.
    • zhenzhenZHEN
      zhenzhenZHEN
      Bronze
      mm yea 100bi is good, last time i took a shot at the $6.50 turbos with a $300 roll 4-tabling, lost all of them and went on super tilt LOL cuz im not used to seeing so much of my roll slashed in one go =X
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zhenzhenZHEN
      mm yea 100bi is good, last time i took a shot at the $6.50 turbos with a $300 roll 4-tabling, lost all of them and went on super tilt LOL cuz im not used to seeing so much of my roll slashed in one go =X
      I had a session of 9 tables , took 3rd place one.
      Was frustrating... lost every time I was ahead.

A session after , I took twice 1st place ,one 2nd and twice 3rd....

comes and goes :-)

I guess its all about volume...