3 phases what am i doing wrong?

• manutdchamps
      manutdchamps
      Bronze
      played 2x45 player sit and goes on pokerstars and in both cases ending up only playing about 15% of hands by following pokerstrategy guidelines.i found that in both cases there was no middle phase, when the blinds changed from 50 to 100 i had just over 1200 chips which at 50 i was still in early phase but at 100 it took me under 14 blinds i.e. late stage.
  • 9 replies
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I would forget playing multi table sng's as a beginner

read the articals and stick to the sugestions, dont start playing games with very high varience
    • manutdchamps
      manutdchamps
      Bronze
      dosn't answer my question, i would like to know if i am working out the phases correctly.
    • Raisolution
      Raisolution
      Bronze
      yes! If you were like 1800-1900, you would have middle phase.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      The middle phase will come according to your stack size, not the blind level. I would say when you hit 15-25 big blinds you are in the middle phase, but remember you maybe in the middle phase but it doesnt mean others are
    • manutdchamps
      manutdchamps
      Bronze
      lol ty you.
    • fljama
      fljama
      Bronze
      when bilnd are 100 / 200

At thet point you must have around 4k chips to be able to endure some further losses if they come, if you are on 1,5k then you are short stack and you dident do good in early stage, 1 mistake and ur out....

with 1500 chips at blinds 100 / 200 you must wait for good hand like AK and push all-in in hope to double up.
    • Meiffert
      Meiffert
      Bronze
      Originally posted by manutdchamps
      i found that in both cases there was no middle phase
      There is nothing wrong about it, it happens a lot, especially on Pokerstars where you have 1500 starting chips and there is a big blind level jump from 25/50 to 50/100.
      On other sites there are different structures, like 30/60 blind level on Full Tilt or 2000 starting stacks on Party Poker (meaning that you are in middle phase on 50/100 level if you still have about 2000 left).
      On Pokerstars you are in the middle phase mostly during only one blind level, or even not at all.
    • Raisolution
      Raisolution
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      The middle phase will come according to your stack size, not the blind level.
      yes, I just said it, cause he asked about 50/100 blind level ;)
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      I would forget playing multi table sng's as a beginner

read the articals and stick to the sugestions, dont start playing games with very high varience
      +1 to that. MTT SnGs are difficult to master and can be very frustrating. I've been playing them for about a month now and while I'm seeing some very nice results I've already had two major downswings (-50BI and -80BI in roughly 1500 MTT SnGs played 90% of which were 45mans).

In regards to phases it's hard to add anything to what Meiffert said. The key to being successful at the MTT SnG is finding the right spots to steal blinds and do that often, even from early position. This means that u should be a lot looser in the early stage compared to the STT SnG. Also very important skills are postflop play and HU play as these are the best ways to seriously improve ur ROI. Apart from that it takes quite a bit of experience and patience to get the positive results.