+Ev coinflip

• tevere
      tevere
      Bronze
      i know that taking coin-flips isn't good in the early stages of a SNG( ex: calling an allin with AK for all yor chips thinking he has a small pair) , but i think the $EV is changing for coin-flips in certain stages. if my assumption is correct please tell me when, or how can i figure it out if it's not a general fact. thank you!
  • 3 replies
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Taking coin flips later on in a sng that will eliminate you becomes even worse in $EV as the chips you have left are worth more when there are say 5 people left compared to when there are 10 people. That is why pushing "Lite" late on is +EV but calling for a flip is very bad.

Load up an ICM calculator and have a play around to see what your chips are worth as people get knocked out
    • tevere
      tevere
      Bronze
      ok man, thanks for the answer , i really don't call to coinflip ever, but i had a hunch that doing this , i could improve my MONEY. i'll take your word though and won't start doing it. ah, another one, how about in the bubble, or 3 handed (ITM) ?
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      On the bubble your chips are worth the most, you should be very aggressive first in to a pot and very risk adverse for calling.

Once the bubble burst, you need to open up your game calling wise, try and put them on a range