This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQs NL 5

• Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($3.75)
      Hero (UTG+1) ($5)
      MP1 ($9.74)
      MP2 ($4.47)
      CO ($3.87)
      Button ($4.23)
      SB ($5.05)
      BB ($8.60)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q, A
      UTG calls $0.05, Hero bets $0.25, 5 folds, BB calls $0.20, UTG calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.77) 5, 9, 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.77, BB raises to $8.35 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero folds

Total pot: $2.31 | Rake: $0.10

im just too nitty? I just started the session.. no hands in Villain. But now after watching some hands he is a real maniac.
  • 2 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      The question is if he has 9x or 55, and if I had those hands I wouldn't shove there. On NL5 I insta-call his shove.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think it's close enough equity-wise even against a tight range of 9x/55/flushdraws to warrant a call against an unknown who might show up with random stuff, especially since you potted the flop to get more money in. If you don't plan on bet/calling there is no point in betting so big with your semi-bluff, 2/3 will do just fine.

As for what TheBrood said, it's true to some extent but mostly apply to players you know are thinking a little, enough to be afraid of scaring you off with strength. I've been playing some microstakes to help a friend recently, and i encountered quite a few players who just check/overbet-jam once they hit 2 pairs+, regardless of what happens before they have to act. Still without some read i'm calling there.

Hope it helps.