$7.44
      BB:
      $18.71
      MP2:
      $8.34
      MP3:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9, 9.
      MP2 raises to $0.35, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.35, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.85) 6, 8, 5 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.85, Hero raises to $2.20, MP2 raises to $7.45, Hero raises to $11.93, MP2 calls $0.54.

Turn: ($20.77) Q (0 players)
      MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($20.77) 4 (0 players)
      MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $20.23.
      Results follow:

Villain is 42/31 after 39 hands with high AF 6 and seemed to be overplaying his hands to this point. Thoughts, please?
      Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Depends what you mean by "seemed to be overplaying his hands to this point". I'm assuming you've seen some showdowns where he raise/shoved TPNK or something like that, because if you've just seen him be overaggressive it's harder to choose the best line.

If you think he's crazy your line is fine since he isn't even full stacked so it's hard to raise/fold. In a vacuum tho, when he c-bets pot on such an ugly board and 3bets your raise, unless you think he can play his top pairs and/or random bluffs like that, you're likely in a flip/dead situation with the lowest possible overpair, so i wouldn't be happy to take that line against most players. But since the only alternative would be to call him down on a board that is going to become increasingly ugly with completed draws / overcards, your line is probably best against that player provided your read is right.

Hope it helps.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Thanks for that. He had A :diamond: T :diamond: and I must admit I would have been sort of tempted to get it in on the flop as pf aggressor with that hand on that board (i.e. 2 overs and fd).

I was surprised to see from equilator that he's actually a small favourite on the flop. I didn't feel like I could just call the flop as any diamond on the turn sucks for me, but on the other hand I don't want to fold this flop with no overcards just because I didn't hit my set.

By the way, when you say: "flip/dead", do you mean a scenario like the one we actually had - i.e villain has fd and overcard outs with more or less 50% equity?

(obviously by 'dead' you mean, e.g. villain has 79?)

Thanks again
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      By the way, when you say: "flip/dead", do you mean a scenario like the one we actually had - i.e villain has fd and overcard outs with more or less 50% equity?

(obviously by 'dead' you mean, e.g. villain has 79?)

Thanks again
      Flip - The scenario you had.
      dead - since you have outs to a straight you are not totally dead but you either up against an bigger OP or a set (and a course the nut straight)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Tim64
      I was surprised to see from equilator that he's actually a small favourite on the flop.
      Sure. That's one of the reasons why we advise you to play your big draws fast, you're flipping with one pair hands that call your raises and you win immediately if nobody sticks around. Even against a set you're not in that bad a shape.

Hope it helps.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Yes - alot - thanks.