SSS stats check and questions

• Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      I would appreciate it if anyone feels that they are able to comment on my stats. I am not too sure what can be inferred from here though.

Should I play more hands from the SB?

Given that my opponents are not the best, what odds would I need to complete from the SB with just about ATC?

I was able to see Alaton in his coaching yesterday. I was very interested to see how he played AK in position versus a very loose player (tried to check it down after missing the flop). Is it OK to take such a passive line OOP in a similar situation versus a very loose player or is such a line too likely to induce an immediate bluff?

Owing to timing, I regret not being able to see more of Alaton's coaching. NH Alaton+PS.

The SSS starting hand chart obviously assumes a generic opponent. What would such an opponents VP$IP and PFR be? Are there any charts for adjusting to real world opponents?
  • 1 reply
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      first of all i want to say that its not really essential to change your strategy at the lower limits. i think there is a good chance to beat nl50 with just the basic strategy with 1,5 or 2 ptbb++. if you play at pp there is another usefull article in the silver section: http://www.pokerstrategy.org.uk/en/strategy/169/

i think you shouldnt start too early to spend too much attention to pt stats. first of all you need a big sample size especially if you want to play accordingly to you opponents attemt to steal or fold bb to steal.

there is a very good article (written by alaton) in the gold section about steals and resteals. but i think its not available to the english community. but shouldn´t take to long.

Originally posted by Nunki
      Given that my opponents are not the best, what odds would I need to complete from the SB with just about ATC?
      maybe i´m a bit confused but what does atc mean ? :D
      //edit2: ahhh any two cards ? ^^

i wouldn´t play to much out of the sb at the beginning because you position is so poor but i think its all right to limp Ax suited (bit close) or pocket pairs when you are getting 5 to 1 or better. especially when your opponents aren´t too good and you can be sure that you will get some money when you hit your flush or set. its also possible to limp some suited connectors or 2 broadway cards (QJ e.g.) when there are 2 limpers in front of you. i think thats enough to start with. if you think you don´t play too well postflop its not necessary to play these hands at all.

I was able to see Alaton in his coaching yesterday. I was very interested to see how he played AK in position versus a very loose player (tried to check it down after missing the flop). Is it OK to take such a passive line OOP in a similar situation versus a very loose player or is such a line too likely to induce an immediate bluff?
      first of all you can be pretty sure that most of the things alaton does are correct ^^. so in this special situation i suppose it was the right play but i didn´t see the hand so i can´t say much about it. but if you are not 100% sure that you are in the same situation (same stack size, same kind of opponent, same board texture) i think its sometimes better to stick to the basic strategy. but again: i didn´t see the hand so it might be better to ask alaton :D

Owing to timing, I regret not being able to see more of Alaton's coaching. NH Alaton+PS.
      yeah i miss it often too :( . great coach :D
      but i´m a bit disappointed that he doesn´t use the top secret and high valued "brezel-system" in the english coaching as he does in the german one ;)

The SSS starting hand chart obviously assumes a generic opponent. What would such an opponents VP$IP and PFR be? Are there any charts for adjusting to real world opponents?
      alaton is working on it as far as i know. again i think its best to stick to the basic strategy at the low limits. it can get you in difficult post flop decissions when you try to isolate a loose limper with a mediocre hand or something.
      i was able to beat nl50 with a good bb/100 value (and i´m for sure no sss expert. not even an above average player :D ) without using pt stats to influence my decissions. i just played the basic strategy with some additional steal hands which peterbee (german sss coach) mentioned in his coaching. i will have another look and post them here.

//edit:
      hm didn´t find the thread but i wrote them down somewhere so i will post them when i got home.

was something like that:
      only first in !!
      CO: ATo+, KJs+, 77+
      BU: A9o+, KJo+, 44+

of course you can steal much more than that (especially when you have special reads about your opponent) but again (i think i wrote that about 4 times in this post :D ) its not really necessary at the low limits !!