Japan

• 17 replies
    • PSJpYukiko
      PSJpYukiko
      Bronze
      Hello tokyoaces. :)

We are launching our Japanese site very soon - please come see us when we launch! 日本の方ですか? :)

PSJp Yukiko
    • PotapovSergey
      PotapovSergey
      Bronze
      Hi tokyoaces!

日本人の方なら、いいニュースがあります: まもなく日本語版もローンチするので、日本語サイトも、フォーラムも提供します。ぜひ、日本語フォーラムにも訪ねてください!

宜しく!
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PSJpYukiko
      We are launching our Japanese site very soon - please come see us when we launch! 日本の方ですか? :)
      Sweet!

日本人じゃないけどせっかく勉強しました。日本語版のサイトを開始したら、絶対に参加します。また、日本人の友達も招待されます。 :D

Are the accounts and friend codes the same? I want to throw it on my blog as soon as you guys open it. (Also, I hope you add more emoticons cause people are so addicted to them here. :f_love: )

This is really such greats news I'm glad I posted!

Edit: emoticon fix
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi tokyoaces,

Good to see a new language community being set up soon.

Just wanted to say that we hope you will continue to visit the English community regularly too as you've still got many friends here and there's nothing stopping you from visiting both ;)

Best regards,

Bart
    • PSJpYukiko
      PSJpYukiko
      Bronze
      Hey tokyoaces,

The friend code will most likely change per language (just changes the language code but nevertheless, its not the same as EN) - but we'll get in touch with you as soon as we launch. :f_biggrin:

Please keep visiting our English community in the meantime (and of course even after)! Look out for our launch news - coming soon! ;)

Cheers,

PSJp Yukiko
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Please keep visiting our English community in the meantime (and of course even after)! Look out for our launch news - coming soon! ;)
      English is my native language so no problems there! :s_cool:
    • BDL
      BDL
      Bronze
      I'm living in Japan atm too.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BDL
      I'm living in Japan atm too.
      Anywhere near Tokyo? There used to be a lot of bar games for prizes only, but I think something must have happened because there are suddenly none at all.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Just in case of any future members from Japan finding this thread, below is a direct link to the Japanese language community forum:

Best regards,

Bart
    • adthedon
      adthedon
      Bronze
      i had a look around the net and couldnt find it, do residents of japan have to pay tax on poker winnings online or live?
    • BDL
      BDL
      Bronze
      Nah I'm living near Kobe and haven't heard anything about poker games going on around here.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by adthedon
      i had a look around the net and couldnt find it, do residents of japan have to pay tax on poker winnings online or live?
      No. There's a quite detailed explanation of why on the Japanese forum.

(Also, there is no legal live poker in Japan.)
    • Kamikaze001
      Kamikaze001
      Bronze
      @tokyoaces:
      could you outline the main points here?
      thx a lot
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kamikaze001
      @tokyoaces:
      could you outline the main points here?
      There's currently no laws available where they could easily/successful prosecute you for playing poker online. Therefore a big warning sign would be if they tried to pass such a law.

It's similar to how the US was before the UIGEA except there isn't even the Wire Act here.

It also went on to say that if anything happened they would most likely legalize and tax it rather than make it illegal. (However most likely nothing at all will happen.)
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      Hey everyone from Japan! よろしくお願いします!
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      Hey tokyoaces,

The friend code will most likely change per language (just changes the language code but nevertheless, its not the same as EN) - but we'll get in touch with you as soon as we launch. :f_biggrin:

Cheers,

PSJp Yukiko
      Hold up, is this referring to an Japanese community within the English website, or just the English community itself?
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      Hey guys, thinking about hosting a small live game over here in Tokyo. Was wondering if anyone was interested? Really starting to miss the feel of actual chips in my hands. Bleh.