+ ev move with KK?

• tevere
      tevere
      Bronze
      Full tilt 9ppl SNG, blinds 25/50
      so i'm utg, i make a 4BB raise(200) with KK(i had 1200 left) and get called by MP2 (big stack about 3600)

the flop comes 9 8 6 with 98 suited. i decide to shove, considering he is a loose player that calls me with suited aces , gutshots, oesd's and other drawing hands, so i figure i get all my chips in leading.

he calls my allin with A10 ofsuit, a 7 hits , i lose. no problem
      is my shove good considering i figured he'd be a loose caller on my bets ? or is it just not + ev to be so agresie this early(considering sets posibilities and AA )

thanks
  • 6 replies
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      Push all in. U can't fold that hand and u'll lose more by folding(in long term)
    • tevere
      tevere
      Bronze
      i never considered folding, the question was, should i normaly raise( and call allin if reraised maybe) or should i push first?
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Since you had a correct read that he would call with any kind of draw, it 's definitely a good play!
    • islander78
      islander78
      Bronze
      I´m a beginner so bare with me.... :D

In those early stages I´m finding a standard 4 BB raise isn´t enough to keep drawing hands away, I usually go a litlle higher like 300 in that case and in case of a raised pot I usually go allin. If there´s some limpers and a miniraise for example I usually go allin also, enough chips to make me happy if everyone folds. If I´m doing it wrong, would love to be educated, nonetheless! Just sharing what I see working for me in low limites...
      But your shove was the right move IMO.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I wouldnt raise anymore than 4x as you chase away the hands you want to call you, dont worry about trying to get the draws to fold just give them incorrect odds to call. You will win in the long run.
      Oh and nice play according to your read
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      It was good to push on the flop, you just got sucked out. although by doing that you might scare away people, and could have possibly earned more by slow playing.

You could have pushed before the flop idk at what BI you play but at mine ($1) fish often call with horrible hands doubling me up almost everytime unless they suck out.

for example i push wiht A-K or KK they call with an A-4 or a Q-10 and i double up :) (This is during the early stages ofcourse when there are still horrible players :P ) but you didn't make a mistake. the chance someone had a better hand was very small on the flop.