[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH: 4bet bluff A5

• maya1984
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand abspielen

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, 5.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB raises to $3.00, BB folds, Hero raises to $7.25, SB calls $4.25.

Flop: ($14.75) 6, 2, 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $17.75, SB calls $17.75.

22/17/3.33 127 hands
      3bet pf 12%
  • 2 replies
    • shortfuse
      I never understood insane bets like that...
      If you want to 4bet then raise higher he will hardly fold to an almost minraise preflop after already 3 betting.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I think it's fine, the raise size won't make a big difference in villain's calling/shoving ranges when he's a good tag, since he's out of position and it's still a big enough amount to commit him if he gets any piece. More importantly you need to figure out a size that works for you with both bluffs and made hands and stick to it.

I'd estimate his range to be something like 77+/AQ+, maybe KQs or some more speculative hands if he got wrongly involved for the sake of pot odds. So on the flop i think you have almost zero fold equity against better hands and the few worse hands he can show up with are only 6 outing at best, maybe less with you having the aces covered, so it's not worth getting it in as a dog against many hands for the sake of protecting against a few of them.

Wait for a bit and check behind, if you wanna go broke you can do it on the turn just as well but he'll mostly be willing to check it down with you unless he has you totally crushed.

Hope it helps.