After 105 SnG my ROI is 0.06 and I won 0.15$

    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.02.2009 Posts: 740


      This is so annoying....
      I made some mistakes in early games that I've learn from .
      but today after ~36 games (9 per session) I manage to get ITM around 3 per session and I'm being sucked out all day.
      AK lose to AT
      AK lose to AJ
      AK lose to TQ
      A5 lose to A4
      K3 lose to J5 (coin flip)
      JJ lose to AQ (slightly ahead)
      AT lose to KJ (coin flip)
      and there are more...

      3 times I pushed from SB with very nice hand like AJ and KQ and find myself againt monsters in the BB.

      anyway , today was very annoying day , sessions were bad...
      Maybe I should play non turbo (although my ICM is good)
      I finished today -8BI
      I'm not sure if I want to play another session ... :f_confused:
      I'm not tilted , but frustrated....
  • 16 replies
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Joined: 01.06.2008 Posts: 1,354
      Take it from a guy who plays SnGs full time: u better get used to it. AT has about 26% equity against AK. And just because u had a better hand in all the other situations that doesn't mean the other guy ain't gonna win with the weaker hand. The fact that u have the better hand doesn't mean u are actually going to win the pot.

      Time and time again u will lose with the better hand at SnGs. If u can't take that u should prolly not only quit playing them but stop playing poker all together.
      GL!
    • fljama
      fljama
      Bronze
      Joined: 20.09.2009 Posts: 31
      Some pros are actually happy when their hand is weaker in all in coin flip situations, like AQ vs K9, they say its lucky to be behind : D

      and btw if you had so many bad beats i would guess you play at pokerstars ?

      : D
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.07.2008 Posts: 1,526
      Keep working on your game... that's all you can do... oh, and that sample is so small... look at it when you have 1000 sngs... but that is still small too...
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Joined: 18.03.2008 Posts: 3,323
      Originally posted by fljama
      Some pros are actually happy when their hand is weaker in all in coin flip situations, like AQ vs K9, they say its lucky to be behind : D

      and btw if you had so many bad beats i would guess you play at pokerstars ?

      : D
      no they dont :f_biggrin:
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Joined: 10.01.2009 Posts: 1,606
      8 BI isnt that much, I 'm down 40 BI over the last 3 days...
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.02.2009 Posts: 740
      Originally posted by fljama
      Some pros are actually happy when their hand is weaker in all in coin flip situations, like AQ vs K9, they say its lucky to be behind : D

      and btw if you had so many bad beats i would guess you play at pokerstars ?

      : D
      Fullltilt
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.02.2009 Posts: 740
      Originally posted by Atoks
      Take it from a guy who plays SnGs full time: u better get used to it. AT has about 26% equity against AK. And just because u had a better hand in all the other situations that doesn't mean the other guy ain't gonna win with the weaker hand. The fact that u have the better hand doesn't mean u are actually going to win the pot.

      Time and time again u will lose with the better hand at SnGs. If u can't take that u should prolly not only quit playing them but stop playing poker all together.
      GL!
      Why should I quit ? I try to play my best game, fix my leaks and earn $$$.
      I just said its frustrating...

      Just played another session of 9:
      1x1st , 2x2nd , 2x3rd.

      Check this hand as one of the 2nd places.
      Preflop I'm dominating 87% , flop I'm leading 88% , turn I'm still 88% , river im dead:

      Full Tilt Poker $2 + $0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t500/t1000 Blinds - 2 players - View hand 311760
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

      Hero (BB): t6850 M = 4.57
      BTN/SB: t6650 M = 4.43

      Pre Flop: (t1500) Hero is BB with T :heart: T :club:
      BTN/SB raises to t6650 all in, Hero calls t5650

      Flop: (t13300) A :heart: J :club: K :spade:

      Turn: (t13300) 8 :heart:

      River: (t13300) 7 :club:

      Final Pot: t13300
      Hero shows T :heart: T :club: (a pair of Tens)
      BTN/SB shows T :diamond: 9 :club: (a straight, Jack high)
      BTN/SB wins t13300

      And here is another 2nd place I took .
      Preflop im leading 60%, flop I'm leading 70% , turn I'm 86% , river I'm dead:

      Full Tilt Poker $2 + $0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t200/t400 Blinds - 2 players - View hand 311762
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

      BB: t11520 M = 19.20
      Hero (BTN/SB): t1980 M = 3.30

      Pre Flop: (t600) Hero is BTN/SB with 8 :spade: Q :spade:
      Hero raises to t1980 all in, BB calls t1580

      Flop: (t3960) 4 :spade: 7 :heart: T :spade:

      Turn: (t3960) Q :heart:

      River: (t3960) 3 :heart:

      Final Pot: t3960
      BB shows 6 :diamond: 5 :diamond: (a straight, Seven high)
      Hero shows 8 :spade: Q :spade: (a pair of Queens)
      BB wins t3960
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.05.2007 Posts: 1,820
      [ ] break even or losing player
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.02.2009 Posts: 740
      Originally posted by timukasr
      [ ] break even or losing player
      this is harsh ... :f_cry:
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Joined: 01.06.2008 Posts: 1,354
      Originally posted by FWKanobi
      Originally posted by Atoks
      Take it from a guy who plays SnGs full time: u better get used to it. AT has about 26% equity against AK. And just because u had a better hand in all the other situations that doesn't mean the other guy ain't gonna win with the weaker hand. The fact that u have the better hand doesn't mean u are actually going to win the pot.

      Time and time again u will lose with the better hand at SnGs. If u can't take that u should prolly not only quit playing them but stop playing poker all together.
      GL!
      Why should I quit ? I try to play my best game, fix my leaks and earn $$$.
      I just said its frustrating...


      Because every poker player has to face this and deal with it. It's part of the game. I've always said that if I can't handle the worst of it I don't deserve the best of it. Everyone gets bad beats, but not everyone can deal with them, yet this is one of the most important things to learn. It may be harsh to say that one should quit but looking at the big picture, it's better for them to quit than feel miserable every time someone beats them with a weak hand. Trust me it's hard to handle when ur monster hands or flop-nuts get cracked at the showdown 20 or 50 or more times in 100 showdowns, but the sooner u learn to deal with it in a positive way, the less money u will lose.

      End of the hand, the result of it is just a consequence of ur actions. If ur actions were good then u have nothing to feel bad about losing. If however u messed something up, then u should think about why that happened and work on fixing the problem. Everything else is irrelevant - as long as u follow BRM.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.02.2009 Posts: 740
      Originally posted by timukasr
      [ ] break even or losing player
      Guess I'm a losing player ... :-)

      Full Tilt Poker $2 + $0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t30/t60 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 311804
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

      Hero (CO): t330 M = 3.67
      BTN: t2155 M = 23.94
      SB: t1715 M = 19.06
      BB: t1675 M = 18.61
      UTG: t1450 M = 16.11
      UTG+1: t1630 M = 18.11
      UTG+2: t1620 M = 18
      MP1: t1540 M = 17.11
      MP2: t1385 M = 15.39

      Pre Flop: (t90) Hero is CO with A :diamond: A :spade:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls t60, UTG+2 raises to t270, 2 folds, Hero raises to t330 all in, 4 folds, UTG+2 calls t60

      Flop: (t810) T :heart: 9 :heart: 8 :heart:

      Turn: (t810) J :heart:

      River: (t810) 3 :spade:

      Final Pot: t810
      Hero shows A :diamond: A :spade: (a pair of Aces)
      UTG+2 shows Q :spade: Q :heart: (a straight flush, Queen high)
      UTG+2 wins t810
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.10.2008 Posts: 7,359
      Hi FWK,

      Don't lose heart my friend, it takes a while to master these and it's never too late to turn them around.

      I don't get a great deal of free time at the moment, however if you want me to sit in on one of your sessions sometime, I would be happy to provide you with a 2nd opinion/my view on where you can exploit opportunities or where to tighten up a little.
      Obviously as other members have already indicated variance happens and theres little you can do about it, some times you will lose with the best hand and not even Phil Ivey could win those hands, however there may be some spots where you can give yourself a better edge.

      Let me know via community mail if you'd like to do this sometime.

      Best regards,


      Bart
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.02.2009 Posts: 740
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Hi FWK,

      Don't lose heart my friend, it takes a while to master these and it's never too late to turn them around.

      I don't get a great deal of free time at the moment, however if you want me to sit in on one of your sessions sometime, I would be happy to provide you with a 2nd opinion/my view on where you can exploit opportunities or where to tighten up a little.
      Obviously as other members have already indicated variance happens and theres little you can do about it, some times you will lose with the best hand and not even Phil Ivey could win those hands, however there may be some spots where you can give yourself a better edge.

      Let me know via community mail if you'd like to do this sometime.

      Best regards,


      Bart
      Thank you very much Bart.
      Ofcourse I would like that :f_biggrin:
      Do I need to add you as buddy to send you mail or I can send you because you are admin ?
      Also , things starting to look a bit better :D , Raising my ROI slowly
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.06.2009 Posts: 16,300
      100 Buy ins is a very small sample. and 8Bi is a standard small swing.

      your 'true' ROI will emerge over 1000+ games .
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.02.2009 Posts: 740
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      100 Buy ins is a very small sample. and 8Bi is a standard small swing.

      your 'true' ROI will emerge over 1000+ games .
      I know , Read your blog...
      Just felt little frustrated after 4 sessions of 9 tables each.
      Anyway , As long as I learn something new from each session, finding my leaks of bad moves (like calling ALL IN early in the tournament with AK , its -EV) and also ENJOYING the grinding (for now) its ok.

      I just need patience :f_p:
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.04.2009 Posts: 872
      I had a roi of 18% in about 250 games. And i was afraid of a huge downswing. Of course it came. Now i'm down almost 30BI. So i guess you should expect a big upswing. :D