This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

A success against.. .. idiots

• davecc
      davecc
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $13.79
      Hero:
      $11.99
      BU:
      $14.20

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:spade: , J:club:
      UTG1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds, UTG1 raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.10, BU folds, UTG1 calls $2.60.

Flop: ($8.75) 3:club: , A:diamond: , K:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $7.89 (All-In), UTG1 calls $7.89.

Turn: ($24.53) 9:club: (1 players)
      River: ($24.53) 7:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $24.53

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (As Jc)
      UTG1 shows a pair of nines (4s 9s)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (As Jc)

I dont even know how to explain this. I knew UTG1 limped every hand. EVERY hand, no lie. 95% showdown seen. Uhmm.. it makes no sense. Low limits have some great players.
  • 4 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Sick Hand. Unbelievable play by Villain calling 9 high :D

My thoughts about the hand though; This guy is 18/11 so the Limp/Reraise probably isn't That dangerous, but my advice for the future to you is that if you see a similar player with 90+vpip say but 0pfr (or under 5 pfr) don't try a similar play without reads. Until you know they're L/3bet range is wide its not worth the risk of running into AA imo :)

but still, very nice post!
    • davecc
      davecc
      Bronze
      I had a very good read on him by this point. I wasnt worried in the least, considering I had already stacked him once.
    • mYgu
      mYgu
      Bronze
      1c/2c, FR game, pacific poker. I was SB with QQ and went allin for 1$ and the BB calls me with J4o. Flop: 956 K 6, so i won 1$ with no effort at all :)
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Yeah sometimes we run into complete morrons. 1 hand I will never forget. Villain called my AI river bet when he holded 42o with no pair and a 3 on the board... He had the absolute worst possible hand.... WTF was he thinking????????

Of course I thanked him and chased him table after table :s_biggrin: stacked him 5-times each time ~100BB :D People at his table gone bezerk after noticing his bad play and the coolest suckouts happend of course. He played for about 1 one week and never seen him again...

O well, up to the next BIG fish ;)