The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG: $60.74
      Hero (CO): $55.09
      BTN: $54.70
      SB: $49.50
      BB: $67.05

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with 7 :heart: 7 :spade:
      UTG raises to $2, Hero calls $2, 2 folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.25) 5 :heart: 3 :diamond: 4 :heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $4.50, BB raises to $9, UTG folds, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($24.25) 6 :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $16, BB raises to $56.05 all in, Hero calls $28.09 all in

River: ($112.43) 2 :diamond: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Is calling this flop minraise ok? He check/raises against two players oop but on the other hand I get good odds and I see him on a draw here often.
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you feel comfortable calling more bets on blank cards it's fine since it's a minraise, but BB could also have something that kills you like 55/99 that he didn't want to squeeze against a UTG raiser, as well as mostly overcards to your 77 with his flushdraws, so you need to be careful and likely check behind the turn if he checks it to you.

Hope it helps.
    • xnyk
      xnyk
      Bronze
      Was that turn check behind advise meant for this case? Because in this case I'm willing to go all-in because I hit my gutshot and have 2nd nuts ATM.

On the other hand, I like calling this min3bet on flop being in position and possibly check behind other turn cards prepared to evaluate on river. I would consider folding when an A lands.

But I'm not sure whether the whole line is correct :-)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Sure my bad for not phrasing that right, the check back thing was obviously meant in case you didn't improve on the turn, which basically connects with was you said yourself.

A turns aren't as bad as they look if your opponent is capable of bluffing them, but since it's reasonable for him to have an A with some flushdraws and you likley don't want to call a blank river as well, folding is fine.

Hope it helps.