[NL2-NL10] Nl100 Shc

• pablojavier
      pablojavier
      Bronze
      Hi, i am from spanish community, and i have a question.. i am about to play NL100 in ftp, and i want to know in your opinion which is the suitable "startings hand chart", i know we have to play based on stats, but to start in the limit, and raise with no limpers, which is the SHC that you use?

i hope u understand my english

thanks
  • 6 replies
    • clAudioK64
      clAudioK64
      Bronze
      LOL
    • pablojavier
      pablojavier
      Bronze
      jaja claudio what are u doing here?

please if some winner of the level could answer i will be very pleased

thanks
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hi Pablo,

When you play advanced SSS there isn't really a SHC that you should follow. The essential thing is for you to have reads/statas on your opponents and adapt your play to it.

It is standard for players to loosen up their opening ranges on higher limits (AQ+/TT+ from early positions, AJ+/88+ from some mid positions), but again that depends completely on the situation.

I also suggest you study the topic of Isolation raises, bacuse they play a very important part on advanced SSS. And post specific situations on the forums so other player can comment on it.

Good luck!
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey pablojavier,

in my opinion NL100 is still beatable with standard SHC, but if you want to start loosening up your range, I suggest you do as dandycal said, first start adding AQ and TT to EP openraises and AJ and 88 to MP, but I think that's of lesser importance. You should learn how to isolate a fish when you see a good spot and how to steal/resteal correct according to villain's stats. And use a squeeze or two when the situation is right. And to learn all this I think it's best to look for some xarry2's videos and his coachings.

Another thing, if you start loosening up your ranges it's wise to also start using smaller raises like 3-3.5BB instead of 4, so you don't lose too much when people will 3-bet you preflop and you have to fold.

Btw, you're english is completely understandable. :f_thumbsup:

Regards,
      burek2000
    • pablojavier
      pablojavier
      Bronze
      thanks to u both

i was looking for xarrys videos but i didn`t find any up to date, can u suggest me one that suits to my question?

ty
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I can really recommend to have a look at all xarry's videos as they are all high quality and will help you improve your game. I didn't check all of them now, but I found this one played on NL200 that should give you some examples on your topic...

xarry's video

Also you might want to go through xarry's coaching thread full of interesting stuff from his coachings, but it's quite a big thread. :)

Forum thread