Did you ever lay down flush with 2 cards ?

• fljama
      fljama
      Bronze
      Hi guys, well, since best laydowns make you pro/very good player i wonder did anyone here laydown a flush with 2 cards in their hand and 3 on board ?

Also if there was no pair on board for full house possibility or strait flush so basicly im asking did you ever lay down a flush in fear of stronger flush ?

i never did it, but i was never even think about it thet my hand is no good, before 2 or 3 days it happend first time i raise he went all in and in my self i knew he have a stronger flush and i should lay down (i had siuted connectors 45) well i called and lost but i think even thinking about this laydown is a proof thet my skill has increased !
  • 8 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      with 100bb no, since their shoving range is wider than made flushes
    • Genetals
      Genetals
      Bronze
      If you start folding in fear of a higher flush.. you will fold to 2 pair or sets and other stuff way more often than to those higher flushes
    • fljama
      fljama
      Bronze
      I know, so basicly if someone hits biger flush then you, you just go broke and there is no chance you could save ur self from this situation ?
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      there is if u have specific red on opp
      for example when 3rd Hearth hit on river and there isnt paired board he check/call (lets say to induce bluff or he si scared money player) and he bets when he hit his flush
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      In heads-up pots don't even think about it for 100bb... in FR it might be different with all the nits who play there but I'm talking about SH.

In multiway pots if it goes like bet-call-call on the flop and then everyone goes crazy when the flush hits the turn, then you seriously consider that your small flush is probably beat.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fljama
      I know, so basicly if someone hits biger flush then you, you just go broke and there is no chance you could save ur self from this situation ?
      maybe if villain is a very cautious player who never bets or raises without the nuts and there is no FH or straight out there. But such players are too rare to even consider and you would need a large sample of hands too.
    • SallaMC
      SallaMC
      Bronze
      In PLO, this is standard. The most important lesson to learn there is that Khigh flush is garbage. I am still learning :f_biggrin:
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      im not sure if i folded a flush on the flop. since i very rarely get those.. i can't remember the last time tbh.

but i have folded lots of flushes, especially when its for example 4 hearts on the board in have a 7 of hearts. but even when there would be for example 2 hearts on the flop and one on the turn. i can easily folded 10-8 of hearts to an all in or a big bet.

I've seen it so many times that people lose with a lower flush, imo they are quite easy to fold. and if players are playing very aggressive they would usualy have hit a flush and chances are unless you have a Q+ high flush you will probably lose it.

and this is in holdemSNG what im talking about..
      not omaha.. thats a whole diff story