[NL2-NL10] NL100 BSS big pots (at least that was the idea, post veered off a little)

• howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Poker's been kicking me in the teeth the last few days. I've been losing practically all big pots and not even winning many small ones. While it's probably just variance, posting hands is never a bad thing so I'll use it as an excuse to do so. AA has been a loser for me today, AK a massive loser, and I've been dealt a lot of both.

1. Villain has been floating me all day, at every opportunity. His fold to continuation bet isn't in the stats here, but it was between 10 and 30. I don't like the turn but I know that he takes this line with anything he calls my preflop bet with (which is a lot) and I don't want to give him a cheap river. Luckily he doesn't have much money behind.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $47.80
      Hero:
      $100.90

0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , A:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, CO folds, BU calls $3.50, 2 folds.

Flop: ($8.50) Q:heart: , K:diamond: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, BU calls $6.00.

Turn: ($20.50) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $9, Hero raises to $40.00, BU raises to $38.30 (All-In).

River: ($98.80) 4:diamond:

Final Pot: $98.80

2. My smallest loss with aces today. Betting the turn seems to be of dubious value at best and the river bet is enough to convince me that I'm beat.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG:
      $200.07
      Hero:
      $103
      UTG+2:
      $94.55

0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , A:spade:
      UTG calls $1.00, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $1.00, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $5.50, 5 folds, UTG calls $4.50, UTG+2 calls $4.50.

Flop: ($18.00) K:club: , Q:diamond: , 2:club: (3 players)
      UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $13, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls $13.00.

Turn: ($44.00) 4:club: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($44.00) T:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+2 bets $27, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $71.00

3. Oh, look, it's a set. No action of course. (Just including out of bitterness as I gave so much action to other people's sets today.)

Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $137.69
      BB:
      $46.80
      Hero:
      $103.20

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6:spade: , 6:club:
      3 folds, MP1 calls $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, 3 folds, SB calls $0.50, BB checks.

Flop: ($4.00) 6:diamond: , 3:club: , A:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $2, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $8.00, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $14.00

4. Ugly, ugly, ugly. Do CO's stats look familiar to you? That's right, he's the guy who was floating me all day. Different table in case you're confused by our relative positions. That's right, he's got position on me on two tables.

Position:
      Stack
      UTG+1:
      $18.90
      CO:
      $97.20
      BB:
      $67.05
      Hero:
      $100

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , K:spade:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $1.00, 3 folds, Hero raises to $4.50, CO calls $4.50, 2 folds, BB calls $3.50, UTG+1 calls $3.50.

Flop: ($18.50) J:spade: , K:club: , T:heart: (4 players)
      BB bets $4, UTG+1 calls $4.00, Hero raises to $24.00, CO calls $24.00, BB folds, UTG+1 raises to $14.40 (All-In).

Turn: ($84.90) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $71.50 (All-In), CO raises to $68.70 (All-In).

River: ($225.10) 9:heart:

Final Pot: $225.10
  • 1 reply
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Howard!

Hand 1: I would have played it the same way. His less than half potsizebet on the turn shows some weakness. In addition: The flushdraw did not complete. So I think to raise him all-in is the right move!

Hand 2: The check behind on the turn is correct because you want to induce a bluff and get value of worse hands and limit your losses against better hands. In order to get value of worse hands I would call the river. You showed weakness on the turn and he could try to steal the pot from you.

Hand 3: Work on your psychological attitude. I know how depressing downswings can be. And I have been on tilt a lot by myself. No set gets a payoff, aces lose every time, etc. But that is part of the game and by accepting that your game will improve a lot! I have seen in the other thread that you want to work on that. Great!

Hand 4: I would just call the flop. You are up against 3 players and "only" have a pair. After a bet and a call it is possible that you are beat already. But after that turncard I would have played for my whole stack, too.