limping for set value

• Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      It seems that i don't really understand this. I have read the articles about the probalities in poker and the best thing i found in this charts, that probability that a pair will improve to trips from flop to river roughly 10:1 and of course the odds for just the flop are much worse. I understand the idea overall however, because i see that getting the set on the flop mostly comes with profit which is not rarely big. But i still don't fully understand it from the mathematical POV. Anyone to explain a bit about this?
  • 2 replies
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      I think you flop a set once every 11 flops. anyway lets say you have to invest about t300, for 15 limps of t20 to flop a set once (sometimes you have to limp-fold), you are most likely win a big pot, big enough to justify ICM tax too. of course you dont always get paid but you often stack people and it completely pays off
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      After reading your comment tvice i fully understood it. Well thanks, made me to fully understand a thing that i only knew. Can this work with straits or flushes also?