This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

limping for set value

• Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      It seems that i don't really understand this. I have read the articles about the probalities in poker and the best thing i found in this charts, that probability that a pair will improve to trips from flop to river roughly 10:1 and of course the odds for just the flop are much worse. I understand the idea overall however, because i see that getting the set on the flop mostly comes with profit which is not rarely big. But i still don't fully understand it from the mathematical POV. Anyone to explain a bit about this?
  • 2 replies
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      I think you flop a set once every 11 flops. anyway lets say you have to invest about t300, for 15 limps of t20 to flop a set once (sometimes you have to limp-fold), you are most likely win a big pot, big enough to justify ICM tax too. of course you dont always get paid but you often stack people and it completely pays off
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      After reading your comment tvice i fully understood it. Well thanks, made me to fully understand a thing that i only knew. Can this work with straits or flushes also?