Stack
      Hero:
      $22.30
      MP2:
      $33.60
      CO:
      $19.00

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:spade: , 2:heart:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $1.00, MP3 folds, CO calls $1.00, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($3.50) 5:spade: , 4:spade: , 6:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, MP2 calls $2.00, CO folds.

Turn: ($7.50) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

River: ($11.50) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $11.50

Thoughts:
      :diamond: Preflop is fine. No sense in considering raising with 72o and two opponents. :D
      :club: Flop I pick up what appears to be a very strong draw.
      We certainly have 2 outs for straight flush but how strong do we consider the other outs? If villain were to reraise here would we go broke with the hand? Should we ever consider not betting at all?
      :spade: Turn misses our draw. Since the bet is small I can call with pot odds.
      :heart: River misses again. Nothing else to do than check/fold.
  • 3 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I rather play this passively vs 2 opponents as it's so rare we can get both opps to fold.

We may already be behind as we only have one card of either draw. Sure, if the next card is the 8 or 3 :spade: we have the uber nuts, but we can't get a real payday to reflect the value of the hand as we have a small stack and it's an unraised pot so our implieds are not great.

Any other :spade: on the Turn, and we're in a similar situation to the other hand with Q6 you posted; we are never going to win a big pot as the flush is so obvious but we risk losing to someone with a higher :spade:

As for the straight draw, are we going to be that happy if a non :spade: 3 or 8 comes on the turn when end up with the second best hand quite often?

I really want to fold to his turn bet. If villain is calling a bet on this flop he often has a :spade: and if so it's almost always higher than ours. What looks like a strong draw is - I think - just a bear trap.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Your draws are very weak here and it's not worth betting this flop imo. I'd check all the way unless I hit the straight flush or a straight without a fourth :spade: . Even the turn bet is too much for you to call in this case as you can count with very few outs.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Smileyphil,

I would count only with 8 outs here(2 for straightflush and 6 for straight), because 7-high 1 card flush is worthless. So, 8 outs are a strong draw but not a monster, so it would be best to just play according to outs and odds as described in the article on draws in freeplays.

Regards,
      burek2000