This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Dadude's fresh start in FL.

• dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Ok, so basically in the title. I'm taking a fresh start on everything in my life. Has been a rough bit, gotta get my shit together in school, need some stuff to focus on, so I'm going use poker for this along with working out. I've played a little bit of everything that I was moderately ok at, never really worked just played until I'd start losing then switch to something else. I need to focus on something, I need to set goals for myself, work and (hopefully) reach those goals.

I'm going to start on $0.25/0.5 sh and hopefully move my way up from there.

First goal is to read all the bronze articles then slowly starting to play 1 tabling focusing on everything. This won't be just about profit, but learning everything I can about this game, eventually probably moving over to NL BSS, but I would like to make it to at least $1/$2 first, stick with something for awhile. So yeah, this is my plan, hopefully will work out!! :) Will update fairly regularly, even though probably more for me since not many people seem to read through these regularly!
  • 9 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      GL! I always like reading FL blogs :)
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Silver
      Being a FL beginner too, I find it easier playing FR to learn the game. Sure you can move to SH when you're at 1/2, but my advice would be to stick for FR if you're serious about this.

Not that you should take it ofcourse :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Wishing you all the best in your new FL adventure.

Will follow your progress with interest my friend.

Best regards,

Bart
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      set your goals higher than 1/2! :rolleyes:
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      thanks everyone, appreciate it bart!

@ opal i'd said that because I'd heard from 2/4 it gets alot harder. not really sure, i want to not just make money, i want to master this game in the long term, i'm ready to work and dedicate myself to something! :) with your experience do you think theres a problem starting playing SH? is it necessary to start with FR?
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      this is what I said in strat's blog:

Originally posted by opal99
      If you'd skip 1/2 or 2/4, that is fine imo, because the game is soo similar on 0.5/1 - 2/4 that it doesn't matter whether you miss one of those limits or not. 3/6 is a bit different (at least it was for me) and difference between 3/6 and 5/10 (on Stars) is first significant skill level difference on FL SH . . that are just my thoughts so may be wrong ofc :)
      2/4 is like NL100.. more fish than anywhere else.. just because it's psychological limit for them; dont know why ^^

edit: go for SH if you've ever been playing NL SH... If not, FL FR is good start. Still, play few hundreds FR hands just to get used to FL - it's more action game than NL postflop ;)
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      so.. i've kinda sucked lately... I've read all the bronze articles, just been quite busy at school for the moment, and kinda drunk. I did play some .5/1 HU out of BRM just said I'd put $20 on a table and i wouldn't reload, i had 3-4 winning matches, stacked a couple guys then lost 1, but enjoyed it, played during class :D .

Tonights crazy busy, i probably wont study or play much, but I plan on finishing the silver articles tomorrow hopefully and playing a first session of .25/.5 tomorrow night!!!
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Good luck dadude... I'll be following your progress :D :D Especially through the cold season :P
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      sooooo its been way too long, ive been lacking in reaching all my goals but i did study a good chunk of the articles this week, and played first real sessions today, played about 300 hands, mostly 1 tabling of .25/.5 SH for a profit of about $22 seems like i might be on the right track. I plan on taking this pretty seriously, and am hoping to get to a point where next summer I can live of what i've made since then, (not planning on withdrawing before then)... thats the goal, so for me whos usually a grinder, I'm going to be playing 1-2 tables for the moment, and probably never more than 3 or 4. quality not quantity :) . I'll be patient and work and I think it will pay off in the long run!

I'll prob post a little daily update and a weekly graph update :) hoping to be a bit more active here!