Dadude's fresh start in FL.

• dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Ok, so basically in the title. I'm taking a fresh start on everything in my life. Has been a rough bit, gotta get my shit together in school, need some stuff to focus on, so I'm going use poker for this along with working out. I've played a little bit of everything that I was moderately ok at, never really worked just played until I'd start losing then switch to something else. I need to focus on something, I need to set goals for myself, work and (hopefully) reach those goals.

I'm going to start on $0.25/0.5 sh and hopefully move my way up from there.

First goal is to read all the bronze articles then slowly starting to play 1 tabling focusing on everything. This won't be just about profit, but learning everything I can about this game, eventually probably moving over to NL BSS, but I would like to make it to at least $1/$2 first, stick with something for awhile. So yeah, this is my plan, hopefully will work out!! :) Will update fairly regularly, even though probably more for me since not many people seem to read through these regularly!
  • 9 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      GL! I always like reading FL blogs :)
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Being a FL beginner too, I find it easier playing FR to learn the game. Sure you can move to SH when you're at 1/2, but my advice would be to stick for FR if you're serious about this.

Not that you should take it ofcourse :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Wishing you all the best in your new FL adventure.

Will follow your progress with interest my friend.

Best regards,

Bart
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      set your goals higher than 1/2! :rolleyes:
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      thanks everyone, appreciate it bart!

@ opal i'd said that because I'd heard from 2/4 it gets alot harder. not really sure, i want to not just make money, i want to master this game in the long term, i'm ready to work and dedicate myself to something! :) with your experience do you think theres a problem starting playing SH? is it necessary to start with FR?
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      this is what I said in strat's blog:

Originally posted by opal99
      If you'd skip 1/2 or 2/4, that is fine imo, because the game is soo similar on 0.5/1 - 2/4 that it doesn't matter whether you miss one of those limits or not. 3/6 is a bit different (at least it was for me) and difference between 3/6 and 5/10 (on Stars) is first significant skill level difference on FL SH . . that are just my thoughts so may be wrong ofc :)
      2/4 is like NL100.. more fish than anywhere else.. just because it's psychological limit for them; dont know why ^^

edit: go for SH if you've ever been playing NL SH... If not, FL FR is good start. Still, play few hundreds FR hands just to get used to FL - it's more action game than NL postflop ;)
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      so.. i've kinda sucked lately... I've read all the bronze articles, just been quite busy at school for the moment, and kinda drunk. I did play some .5/1 HU out of BRM just said I'd put $20 on a table and i wouldn't reload, i had 3-4 winning matches, stacked a couple guys then lost 1, but enjoyed it, played during class :D .

Tonights crazy busy, i probably wont study or play much, but I plan on finishing the silver articles tomorrow hopefully and playing a first session of .25/.5 tomorrow night!!!
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Good luck dadude... I'll be following your progress :D :D Especially through the cold season :P
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      sooooo its been way too long, ive been lacking in reaching all my goals but i did study a good chunk of the articles this week, and played first real sessions today, played about 300 hands, mostly 1 tabling of .25/.5 SH for a profit of about $22 seems like i might be on the right track. I plan on taking this pretty seriously, and am hoping to get to a point where next summer I can live of what i've made since then, (not planning on withdrawing before then)... thats the goal, so for me whos usually a grinder, I'm going to be playing 1-2 tables for the moment, and probably never more than 3 or 4. quality not quantity :) . I'll be patient and work and I think it will pay off in the long run!

I'll prob post a little daily update and a weekly graph update :) hoping to be a bit more active here!