This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 50NL SH OOP 4way KQ

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Party Poker $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 312830
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $114.88
      CO: $90.93
      50/30, LAG person

BTN: $50.00
      8/6, 53 hands NIT

SB: $50.25
      BB: $28.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with K :diamond: Q :club:
      Hero raises to $2, CO calls $2, BTN calls $2, 1 fold, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($8.25) Q :heart: 7 :diamond: 8 :club: (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($8.25) 8 :spade: (4 players)
      BB bets $3.00, Hero calls $3, CO folds, BTN folds

River: ($14.25) 6 :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $6.00, BB calls $6

Is betting into 3 people and probably barreling the Turn and then found out where I am at better than this line in terms of EV?
  • 4 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      please explain why you didn't bet the flop. cause I have no idea.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Yeah - I think we absolutely have to bet this flop - 4handed or whatever. By betting we define our hand somewhat and it makes it easier to get away if we encounter strong resistance from nitty BU
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I would also bet this flop for value and protection , CO might call us with any pair , pair / draw so we can get some value out of him and we`re not giving away free cards to the gutshots , or lower pairs out there. If you get raised you can safely fold.

I know TPGK against 4 opp isn`t much and would like to keep the pot smaller but I would like it more maybe on a flop like Q72 rainbow with fewer hands that can get a free card to beat us rather than here.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      I would also bet this flop for value and protection , CO might call us with any pair , pair / draw so we can get some value out of him and we`re not giving away free cards to the gutshots , or lower pairs out there. If you get raised you can safely fold.

I know TPGK against 4 opp isn`t much and would like to keep the pot smaller but I would like it more maybe on a flop like Q72 rainbow with fewer hands that can get a free card to beat us rather than here.
      +1
      I also like betting more, too many people to give them free cards on that board and at the same time a lot of times worse hands would call our c-bet on the flop