Hero (BB): $124.96
      UTG: $95.12
      [b]CO: $50.00
      8/6, 53 hands BUT this hand was the first one in 3 orbits

BTN: $50.00
      SB: $42.84

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with Q :diamond: Q :heart:
      1 fold, CO raises to $2, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) 2 :club: T :spade: T :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($9.25) 8 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($9.25) A :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.00

Give the reads, I didn't 3bet the nit who was playing his first hand in 2 or 3 orbits.
      Should I check the river in order to get some value from bluffs (=worser hands) ???
  • 3 replies
    • Tim64
      Dunno why I'm dispensing advice to you :rolleyes: , but I would definitely 3bet pre. We can 3bet fold pre, but on this flop what do we do if villain bets out strongly on flop and turn? We can hardly fold with no overs and we don't want to be calling down 3 streets vs a hand that beats us.

I'd rather check raise this flop, too, to find out a bit better where we stand.

Check/calling river seems best. Only better hands are calling our bet and we have great showdown value as it is.
    • BogdanDin7
      I would also 3bet being OOP even tho this will probably isolate me against a very tight range. Still I dont think he knows you know he`s that nitty and might still call a 3bet with TT-JJ or AK. So preflop i`m 3bet / folding cuz he`s never coming over the top with anything less of KK+ imo.

As played the A on the river sucks , I think he would bet KK on turn again and that is probably the only better hand we can fold with a bet there , so I`m checking the river and probably c/c a reasonable bet or even c/f because a nitty guy would probably check behind worse hands there.
    • Kaitz20
      being oop I think 3-bet is fine
      c/r and then folding to shove is one option, since he is likely a little too scared to shove there anything else than boat or maybe aces
      if you´re going to c/c, then I like betting out turn myself, this way you can get value for worse hands and if he calls you can bet river again
      don´t like that much your river bet, he is likely going to fold all the worst hands, but at the same time he can bluff himself ace a lot of times, so c/c seems a little better