Rakeback vs first deposit bonuses

• jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Hi everyone.

Just wondering, if/when I clear my $50 + $50 starting capital bonus from FullTilt can I transfer the money to another platform and use a first deposit bonus code there? Is it possible to keep doing this one platform after another? Would this be more profitable than using the 27% rakeback from FullTilt? Are the other platforms points/bonus systems easier or harder than FullTilt? Seems pretty easy so far at FullTilt.

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi jonnyquest,

Yes that is possible and several members have switched at some point or other.

It's commonly known at "Bonus Whoring" and you'll find some references to it within the forums.

It's difficult to say which would be more profitiable in the long run as the Rakeback from Full Tilt (via PokerStrategy) is a nice regular income and Full Tilt's own promotions/bonuses are really profitable and easy to complete.

There's ofc nothing stopping you from signing up to one of PokerStrategy's First Deposit Bonus offers on another platform and still playing on Full Tilt. You will earn PokerStrategy points on each linked account that you open.

Hope this helps, best regards,

Bart
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Many do it and I've had a thought myself, but I guess it depends a lot on how much effective rake you'll be producing.

In order to clear such bonuses at the lower limits it is required a lot of grinding while multitabling, which I was doing when I've started in order to be able to clear the bonuses, too bad that the bonuses where going on top of a low bb/100 value.

Now I've reduced a lot the number of tables I play, playing more relaxed and grinding less, went down from 9 to 4 and while I'm not reaching half the hands I used to reach and I'm producing crap rake, I'm making way more money thanks to tables' winnings.

My humble opinion is that in the long run is much relaxing and pays off better just finding a room that makes you comfortable and enjoy whatever bonuses they offer locally.
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Hi everyone.

Thanks for the replies, that helps a lot. I was wondering though, what is a good goal for a begginner playing NL10 as far as bb/100 hands. I'm currently playing the SSS while 2 tabling. I seem to have some swings in my stats depending on how my hands hold up. I'm currently averaging about 8.5 bb/100. I have only played about 2k hands.

Thanks
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyquestI have only played about 2k hands.
      Play some more and then look again, now there's no real point with such a low number, but good to hear you've started good :f_grin: