This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50 AKo interesting

• Bronscapade
      Bronscapade
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $80.10
      Hero:
      $9.25

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:diamond: , K:heart:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 4 folds, SB raises to $80.10 (All-In), 2 folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.50

Usually i would make this call versus a player with such regular stats but the then he moved allin (for 80$) with the BigBlind who was fullstack still to act behind him.

Is it correct to assume that my AKo is behind here, or would a player with "good" stats make such a risky move with a hand like AQ or a lower pair?
  • 6 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      You can call here for sure. He just wants to keep the other BS out of the hand, probably 99-JJ (QQ), or some AQ, AK. I really don't think he would push directly with AA or KK because then he would want to give the other BS a chance to 4 bet.
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      i would put him on aa kk qq or ak, i dont see him raising a ss with less than that. most likely he has ak or qq.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      You can call here for sure. He just wants to keep the other BS out of the hand, probably 99-JJ (QQ), or some AQ, AK. I really don't think he would push directly with AA or KK because then he would want to give the other BS a chance to 4 bet.
      I instant call with QQ+,AK+ and you should't be worried about his ''shove'' since that doesn't look stronger because you only can win $9.25 from here :)

- Gerv
    • Bronscapade
      Bronscapade
      Bronze
      True, its only NL50 so maybe he didnt even realise there was still a player to act behind him :f_eek:
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Would you fold JJ though, Gerv?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Would you fold JJ though, Gerv?
      I think that depends on the 3bet% of villain but as thats the thing I do not see here, I just see that a 12/11 3betting OOP is relatively tighter.

This is an estimation so by default I go broke with QQ+,AK but yes JJ is a big dilemma :)

- Gerv