Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $80.10
      Hero:
      $9.25

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:diamond: , K:heart:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 4 folds, SB raises to $80.10 (All-In), 2 folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.50

Usually i would make this call versus a player with such regular stats but the then he moved allin (for 80$) with the BigBlind who was fullstack still to act behind him.

Is it correct to assume that my AKo is behind here, or would a player with "good" stats make such a risky move with a hand like AQ or a lower pair?
  • 6 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      You can call here for sure. He just wants to keep the other BS out of the hand, probably 99-JJ (QQ), or some AQ, AK. I really don't think he would push directly with AA or KK because then he would want to give the other BS a chance to 4 bet.
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      i would put him on aa kk qq or ak, i dont see him raising a ss with less than that. most likely he has ak or qq.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      You can call here for sure. He just wants to keep the other BS out of the hand, probably 99-JJ (QQ), or some AQ, AK. I really don't think he would push directly with AA or KK because then he would want to give the other BS a chance to 4 bet.
      I instant call with QQ+,AK+ and you should't be worried about his ''shove'' since that doesn't look stronger because you only can win $9.25 from here :)

- Gerv
    • Bronscapade
      Bronscapade
      Bronze
      True, its only NL50 so maybe he didnt even realise there was still a player to act behind him :f_eek:
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Would you fold JJ though, Gerv?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Would you fold JJ though, Gerv?
      I think that depends on the 3bet% of villain but as thats the thing I do not see here, I just see that a 12/11 3betting OOP is relatively tighter.

This is an estimation so by default I go broke with QQ+,AK but yes JJ is a big dilemma :)

- Gerv