[NL20-NL50] Nl25: Kk

• johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Whats the best line here vs a midstack huge fish?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 Pot-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $16.40
      UTG1:
      $15.00
      UTG2:
      $25.35
      MP1:
      $25.00
      MP2:
      $25.00
      MP3:
      $15.30
      CO:
      $15.00
      BU(Hero):
      $40.80
      SB:
      $28.15

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, K.
      CO posts deadblind, 2 folds, MP1 raises to $1.00, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $1.00, CO calls $0.75, Hero raises to $5.00, 4 folds, CO calls $4.00.

Flop: ($12.45) 3, A, 6 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $10.00, CO calls $9.90(All-In).

Turn: ($32.35) 3 (0 players)
      CO gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($32.35) J (0 players)
      CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $22.45.
  • 3 replies
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      you might raise to 5.5$, otherwise NH, Im also pushing the flop
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Just wondering whether a smaller cbet on flop or checking behind is poss. Not suggesting we should have any fear of going broke here against this stack but just wondering whether we can check to induce bluffs by worse?

If we bet, clearly we isolate ourselves against Aces. I wouldn't normally make a habit of only cbetting where there are no overs to our pp but in this case we're not risking too much and just want to find the best way of getting the most value out of villain's worse hands since we're comitted already against his better hands. And I'm not sure if shoving an Ace high flop achieves this.

What do you think?
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Just wondering whether a smaller cbet on flop or checking behind is poss. Not suggesting we should have any fear of going broke here against this stack but just wondering whether we can check to induce bluffs by worse?

If we bet, clearly we isolate ourselves against Aces. I wouldn't normally make a habit of only cbetting where there are no overs to our pp but in this case we're not risking too much and just want to find the best way of getting the most value out of villain's worse hands since we're comitted already against his better hands. And I'm not sure if shoving an Ace high flop achieves this.

What do you think?
      That's a good point. I just shoved since I thought he would call with most of his range. But he might have something like KQ and bluff the turn if we check behind.