SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Known players:        
      Hero:
      $2.97
      UTG1:
      $6.93

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K:spade: , K:club:
      Hero raises to $0.08, UTG1 calls $0.08, 8 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) T:diamond: , 9:spade: , A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, UTG1 calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.47) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, UTG1 raises to $2.00, Hero raises to $2.75 (All-In), UTG1 calls $0.75.

River: ($5.97) 2:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $5.97

I was having ~1.5 month break from poker, so now I have to remember how to play it.
      According to bronze article I should bet and fold to a raise if draw card comes on the turn. On the other hand the player could have smaller set, two pair, or maybe AQ, also if I am beat, I have some outs to improve to fullhouse, so it was hard to fold.
      Also I could check/call, but when I was playing I wasn't thinking about it at all, my hand looked nuts to me :)
  • 5 replies
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      I think you are usually ahead here. There are only two hands that are ahead of you. JQ and AA.

Even if the villain has JQ you have 10 outs for the full house. (23% equity)

I think he might raise the turn here with other sets, two pair, pair + draw all of which you crush.

Just out of interest what sort of range does a bad player coldcall an UTG raise from UTG1 with?
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      I would bet a bit more on the flop and turn, although I don't think it matters too much in this case but I think it's certainly fine getting it in. Also, note his play for future references.

Smileyphil... I would certainly put UTG1 on any lower pp, Ax hands, and some suited broadways/connectors.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Easy shove.

No way you can fold here. I think it's unlikely he was slowplaying AA.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Smileyphil
      I think you are usually ahead here. There are only two hands that are ahead of you. JQ and AA.

Even if the villain has JQ you have 10 outs for the full house. (23% equity)

I think he might raise the turn here with other sets, two pair, pair + draw all of which you crush.

Just out of interest what sort of range does a bad player coldcall an UTG raise from UTG1 with?
      +1
      you´re ahead there too many times to fold
      I´d also shove
      nh
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Ok, and if you're interested - he had QJs :)