This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

I want to stop tables from poping up - any advice?

• Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Ok, so I finally moved to Fulltilt.

Besides the interface being really user unfriendly and imo way behind calm Pacific Poker environment there is one thing that is driving me crazy - tables poping up when it's my turn.

It's so fucking irritating that I even started to tilt because I can't make a single decision without getting raped with a table wanting me to know if I want to call capped board with 73o. :evil: How can I calculate odds/outs if at any time there are fucking tables poping over the board I try to evaluate.

So is there any modification that would stop this? I don't mind if tables flash and beep, just don't pop up the fucking table into my face, because I have probably some more important decisions to do if I'm not looking at the table FT thinks I should be... :baby:

I am really disappointed with Fulltilt being one of the biggest poker sites and having such a crappy interface. They could learn a lot from Pacific, as funny as this may sound...
  • 11 replies
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      P.s. I tried the tile view but they're too small for my taste on my 19" LCD...
    • mYgu
      mYgu
      Bronze
      Options -> display table on action (uncheck it).
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Arrghhh... that simple, now I feel stupid. :f_biggrin:

Thank you. :)
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      Isn't it like that:

If table popups with action needed, all other tables that need some action from you are queuing and only start poping up if you finally made a decision on the first table that poped up? Atleast that is working this way for me..
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      It is like that and it's extremely unhandy.

For instance: I'm evaluating my hand and in that time another table pops up. Easy fold and I go to the original table thinking again when the third table pops up. In that time I'm pretty much annoyed just fold the third table and have 4 seconds to act on first table. Really hard to make a good decision when you get interrupted all the time. And I was only 3-tabling... Maybe it works with one or two tables, more is just too damn annoying. Anyhow, problem is solved now, so besides the bling-bling, small chat screen and ugly card designs, I'm pretty much satisfied. :)
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Man you gotta be kidding. 888 has more bugs than all the other rooms together and Full tilt probably the best software all around.
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Not at all.

In 30.000 hands Pacific crashed only once when I was playing and that's nor really a problem here. The thing is I really enjoyed Pacific interface - calm with no flashy colours with much better view on who's playing, what are the bet sizes... I really felt comfortable there. I couldn't care less whether villain is a shark or one of the seven dwarfs, but if I want to use Elephant I have to use default view with big avatars. And so on...

But as one once say - you don't discuss tastes. Mine just isn't FullTilty... :)
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      Well, I agree that chat window on FTP sucks, but I do not understand your problem with windows poping up..
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Chat window in FTP does indeed suck.

But otherwise I find the software pretty good.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      And what exatly is chat window's use for a serious poker player? I don't even notice it and I don't really care what the fish has to say.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      I never talk myself, but sometimes it's funny to watch the conversations that are going on.