I want to stop tables from poping up - any advice?

• Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Ok, so I finally moved to Fulltilt.

Besides the interface being really user unfriendly and imo way behind calm Pacific Poker environment there is one thing that is driving me crazy - tables poping up when it's my turn.

It's so fucking irritating that I even started to tilt because I can't make a single decision without getting raped with a table wanting me to know if I want to call capped board with 73o. :evil: How can I calculate odds/outs if at any time there are fucking tables poping over the board I try to evaluate.

So is there any modification that would stop this? I don't mind if tables flash and beep, just don't pop up the fucking table into my face, because I have probably some more important decisions to do if I'm not looking at the table FT thinks I should be... :baby:

I am really disappointed with Fulltilt being one of the biggest poker sites and having such a crappy interface. They could learn a lot from Pacific, as funny as this may sound...
  • 11 replies
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      P.s. I tried the tile view but they're too small for my taste on my 19" LCD...
    • mYgu
      mYgu
      Bronze
      Options -> display table on action (uncheck it).
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Arrghhh... that simple, now I feel stupid. :f_biggrin:

Thank you. :)
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      Isn't it like that:

If table popups with action needed, all other tables that need some action from you are queuing and only start poping up if you finally made a decision on the first table that poped up? Atleast that is working this way for me..
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      It is like that and it's extremely unhandy.

For instance: I'm evaluating my hand and in that time another table pops up. Easy fold and I go to the original table thinking again when the third table pops up. In that time I'm pretty much annoyed just fold the third table and have 4 seconds to act on first table. Really hard to make a good decision when you get interrupted all the time. And I was only 3-tabling... Maybe it works with one or two tables, more is just too damn annoying. Anyhow, problem is solved now, so besides the bling-bling, small chat screen and ugly card designs, I'm pretty much satisfied. :)
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Man you gotta be kidding. 888 has more bugs than all the other rooms together and Full tilt probably the best software all around.
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Not at all.

In 30.000 hands Pacific crashed only once when I was playing and that's nor really a problem here. The thing is I really enjoyed Pacific interface - calm with no flashy colours with much better view on who's playing, what are the bet sizes... I really felt comfortable there. I couldn't care less whether villain is a shark or one of the seven dwarfs, but if I want to use Elephant I have to use default view with big avatars. And so on...

But as one once say - you don't discuss tastes. Mine just isn't FullTilty... :)
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      Well, I agree that chat window on FTP sucks, but I do not understand your problem with windows poping up..
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Chat window in FTP does indeed suck.

But otherwise I find the software pretty good.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      And what exatly is chat window's use for a serious poker player? I don't even notice it and I don't really care what the fish has to say.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      I never talk myself, but sometimes it's funny to watch the conversations that are going on.